1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.40, CO calls $1.65

Flop: J K 2 ($4.90, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO raises to $6.30, Hero calls $3.60

Turn: T ($17.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.70, Hero goes all-in $16.30, CO folds

Final Pot: $36.90

Hero wins $41.84 (net +$16.84)

CO lost $18.40

Villain is unknown but playing 6-7 tables, so possibly a reg?

I have no idea what the optimal line here is.

-Do we play the same even if we don't pick up EQ?

-Do we play the same on a :heart: T?

-What is the most likely holding of our opponent here, complete air?

Thank you!
  • 5 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      U shouldn't 3bet KQo vs CO unless he opens super wide, like 50%+.

As played : I think flop call is fine, most likely he's bluffing. He could have like 2 combos of KJs and 3 combos of JJ. Can't see any other value hands. He won't play AK that way. Turn bet definitely commits us, so it doesn't matter whether we call or go AI. I think we can't get away from our hand on any turn, maybe only A. We know he had complete air when he folded, but on the turn he has some value hands in his range. As I said, like JJ and KJs and maybe he hit his gutshot with AQ.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      What do we do then with broadways and strong aces in this spot vs an unknown?

I mean how do we construct our 3b range? Pure value 4-5%? And call most suited bw and ATs-AQs, and broadways (except QTo, JTo)?

Also does this look good to you (esp for late pos. wars and bvb);

-Vs a villain who folds to 3b more than 65% we can 3b wider, but we want to keep strong aces and suited broadways in our calling range. So we 3b top of our range, and 3b crap like J2s+, Q2s+, K2s+, A2s+ (just as illustration, not actually all those hands, however as his f23b widens we add more of those hands).

-Vs a villain who likes to call a lot (fold to 3b less than 60%), just very polarized AT+, broadways, TT+?

-Vs a villain who likes to fight back with 4b, 3b AQ+, 22+ and just shove over his 4b. What is "over the edge" 4b number that makes us adjust out 3b range to this one?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Usually CO openrange will be pretty tight, like 25-30%. When we 3bet KQ here, he will call our 3bet with AQ,JJ-77,KQ,KJs,QJs,JTs,T9s. KQo isn't in good shape vs that. We dominate some of his hands, but he has AQ that dominates us. Also some players will just call AK and then we're in really bad shape. I prefer to 3bet only AK+,AQs,QQ+ for value. Then balance it out with some bluffs, that should give us something around 8-10% 3betting range. For me KQo is nobrainer call. I usually call something like AJ,AQ,KQ,KTs-KJs,QTs-QJs,JTs,T9s,ATs,JJ-66. U can 3bet JJ and AQ, but it's close vs CO.Basically we wanna 3bet hands which are in a good shape when he calls.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Okay I see.

And does your range vs. btn in this spot change. Do you widen it, or keep it the same since some unknowns will OR btn 20% and some 50-60%?

Also would you agree with my "ad hoch" 3b range construction vs. three different villains I described above?

I know this is a bit off topic, but your answers are rly great. Just say if it is too much and I'll bugger off :]
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      We want to increase our 3betting range versus a BTN open, since ppl open looser from the BTN than they do from the CO.

One thing, if he likes to call a lot we should 3bet DEpolarized, since well, we want that can flop top pairs when he calls! So 3betting KQ/KJ is better against such an opponent.

If our opponent fights back with lots of 4bets, we should polarize our range. We don't want to 3bet/fold KQ, so we just call it pre. We 3bet hands we know we are folding to a 4bet, or hands that we know that we can just ship over his 4bet.

ifs