What is wrong with my mindset?

• mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Happy Christmas to you as well :)

Keep those cashes rolling in
      cheers mate. Wish I was able on some bigger site as I never run well there :D Perhaps I should start whinging all the time about it :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mattisks

cheers mate. Wish I was able on some bigger site as I never run well there :D Perhaps I should start whinging all the time about it :D
      haha :D please don't start whinging :D

Hope you keep running hot into the new year
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze

I am working on affiliate program right now coming with some great ideas already :f_biggrin: I will perhaps bring more than is expected from me from that site. I needed something like that. It makes playing poker much more fun than ever. I am so much in love for that site. If they ever go underwater I will be heart broken. Seriously :D

Would you like to become a pro for a month? :D
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze

I am working on affiliate program right now coming with some great ideas already :f_biggrin: I will perhaps bring more than is expected from me from that site. I needed something like that. It makes playing poker much more fun than ever. I am so much in love for that site. If they ever go underwater I will be heart broken. Seriously :D

Would you like to become a pro for a month? :D
      shipped another one 1/193 ^^

it was helluva tourney. I went to chiplead with hand 22 on flop 828 vs his JJ. But then horrible things happened. I made mistake when I couldn't get away from QT on T23T board with minraising on both sides to the all in. He had obv 22 :) Then I sort of blinded out a little around bubble that was with 5 players left. I survived clinical death with Q9s with 1.7BB vs A8o. Next hand I made the bubble as I won K9 vs AQ and some smaller stack. Since then I never looked back and crushed the rest. It was pretty shallow since last 6 and I found it really difficult. Also got heart crack with QQ vs K5 on flop 467.. He turned 8 that was in the mid of tourney..
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      this is getting insane!!

I am shipping one after another! Shipped 3 more tourneys. Wasn't it for occasional bad beat I would have ship everyfing! :D

I am low stake tourney crusher from now on :s_cool: Wasn't it just for that.. They tourneys are having added value by the site ^^

Need to play just few more raked hands and I can't wait for Sunday Guarrrrr ^^ That would be inane cash :s_biggrin:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      this is getting insane!!

I am shipping one after another! Shipped 3 more tourneys. Wasn't it for occasional bad beat I would have ship everyfing! :D

I am low stake tourney crusher from now on :s_cool: Wasn't it just for that.. They tourneys are having added value by the site ^^

Need to play just few more raked hands and I can't wait for Sunday Guarrrrr ^^ That would be inane cash :s_biggrin:
      and shipped another :s_o:

Got really lucky around bubble and inside bubble. I had to do some bubble bursting myself but final hand was sweet as ever. Min raising cowboys, facing shove from A7s which is nice.. Well but not enough. Yeee haaaa! :s_love:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      haha siiick so your bankroll will have had a nice boost the last couple of days then? Congrats :)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      haha siiick so your bankroll will have had a nice boost the last couple of days then? Congrats :)
      ofc. I wanted to deposit 10 euro but somehow didn't get through. So I started freerolling and now have big enough BR to sustain me there without need to deposit :s_evil:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator

Got really lucky around bubble and inside bubble. I had to do some bubble bursting myself but final hand was sweet as ever. Min raising cowboys, facing shove from A7s which is nice.. Well but not enough. Yeee haaaa! :s_love:
      Since the topic includes the word "mindset" ...

Beware of "Winner's tilt".

Even when it seems you can do no wrong, you have to be wary, and play each hand logically and sensibly.

I recently had to ask myself this pair of questions:

Is my tilt reduced because I am running good?
      Am I running good because my tilt is reduced?

Still haven't decided...
    • thebadseedpkr
      thebadseedpkr
      Bronze
      Maybe I'm blind but...what site is it you're talking about?
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F

Since the topic includes the word "mindset" ...

Beware of "Winner's tilt".

Even when it seems you can do no wrong, you have to be wary, and play each hand logically and sensibly.

I recently had to ask myself this pair of questions:

Is my tilt reduced because I am running good?
      Am I running good because my tilt is reduced?

Still haven't decided...
      I think am not just running good. I recently started running bad actually. See for yourself. I had KK with less than 10 BB. I decided to open raise. Perhaps shove would be the best. Chippo called. Flop came 2xx with 2 low cards. Chippo shoved, I call. He shows Q2 with bottom pair, no draw (apart from Q and 2 obv :s_biggrin: ) and hits turn 2.

Lost two similar spots but I think am doing good. Those ranges am having are well structured for my opies :) and when going gets tough am out with some smaller edges 60-40.

Tourneys are about luck but its always better to stay on good side of the flip, isn't it? :)

I expect some variance to kick in. Even though I play pure fishies. Who else would fold to 125 chip bet on turn whilst hes getting massive odds 8000-125 with no more betting on another street?

Reminds me story I've heard from live tourney where guy raises most of his remaining stack, gets shoved on and shows someone on his right AKs saying: I made a good fold. If it wasn't early in the tourney I wouldn't be laughing to it :s_evil:

I don't expect to have some nasty ROI but defo with added value by the site I can be pretty satisfied if I run much worse :s_evil:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thebadseedpkr
      Maybe I'm blind but...what site is it you're talking about?
      You ain't blind my mate. But I've promised not to talk about this site. I am affiliate for them and it wouldn't be as much correct.

I like to post here so I don't want to be kicked or killed or whatever for diverting traffic. If I do that it would be only on stars though :f_biggrin:

I was trying to recruit their currently 180th reg & supernova which I realized later. Good player he is really :f_eek:
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      pleno1 has the NL10 video. It's a good one.
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      AQ < KJ on the bubble :f_eek:

running good now?? :s_evil:

Glad that I've built some BR that is capable of handling those minors :s_biggrin:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey mattisks i edited your post a little also sent you a friend request in community tool ;)
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Hey mattisks i edited your post a little also sent you a friend request in community tool ;)
      cheers! Wasn't sure about this so its good u have sorted it out. How come it doesn't show it has been edited?

Request will be accepted as soon as I find out how :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      cheers! Wasn't sure about this so its good u have sorted it out. How come it doesn't show it has been edited?

It doesn't show because im a ninja :f_cool:

Just click the tab at the top of the page with the 3 heads on and it will say Welcome mattisks, you have x new messages and y new invitations click the invitation and voila, done
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze

It doesn't show because im a ninja :f_cool:

Just click the tab at the top of the page with the 3 heads on and it will say Welcome mattisks, you have x new messages and y new invitations click the invitation and voila, done
      I figured myself with clicking and double clicking as they call me k-board ninja :f_biggrin:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      oh boy oh boy.

NL5.

I got KK and guy in front of me raises to 0.15. I shove 0.87 all in and someone from blinds call with our UTG raiser calling as well.

Flop K24 check check
      turn A check check
      river 2 Check check..

I show them good news, guy from blinds shows real spoiler J9o and guy from UTG mucks so I couldn't laugh to him :s_cry: That accounts for cca 2.5 Eur and free entry into biggest tourney of the day. Got limit of my daily rake :s_love:

I don't remember leaving cash table being in reds so far :f_frown:

But hey! I got busted from training tourney 77 vs KJo. Guess who was slight favourite again. Bloody turn!! :s_mad:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      woot woot woot!

Finished 9/159

It started well with kicking myself ahead of others with couple of easy hands. AJ vs JTs (his call was rather appalling. What I like on nowadays players they're bombed with GTOs, ranges and other bollocks but they don't know real value of their hands. If you hear JTs does well against aces it doesn't mean that you're not going to be 65% of time out of the tourney. Esp if you invest full stack. In this case was only 58% but it was well worth it.) Busted some other guy with KK or something.

Some shortie raises, I 3bet him with AA he calls 60% of his stack.

flop 8d9c3h. He shoves, I call or something like that. Anyway we got it in on the flop. He shows 76s and immediately hits turn for str8.

Now luck started to kick in. Real luck! I wasn't endangered to lose my spot in the tourney if I lose my hands but obviously got more than lucky.

First one someone raises, I resteal with 88 he calls TT. Flop 8 here we go.
      Shortly after similar situation. I resteal with 99 and see KK. Flop 9KA turn 9. And here we go again. I was about 2nd/46 remaining.

Then bubble where everyone was trying to tick the clock 20 paid 23 idiots ticking. I busted two easy :s_cool: They don't know they're going to blind out much quicker coz I go ahead and pick more hands.

And now hand that made me rage at my wife. She didn't pass me jacket as I was freezing. I got dealt KK whilst she was shouting at me that I dropped cardigan on the floor. I tried to collect it and play my hand at the same time. I wasn't able to choose my raise as one player was in the hand. That's -4BB. Flop came 4s6sKd. That's another 4-6 BB minus. He min bets, I fold because I was sat out :( -15 BB effectively. This guy looked like he would pay me atleast those 4 bigs :( ((

Well if you wanna get into trouble, get married :D

idiots played same bubble on next payout on 12th and I was trying to work my way up but never caught with blinds as they were really nasty and I was left with 15-16 at that time.

4th bubble was my death trap. I tried to call off shortie for 1BB with 22 and lost to running kings to KJ.

ANd then tried move with K8 on SB with remaining 2.5 bigs. Got call from 88 and faced the truth. Board paired twice but onfortunately for me 2nd pair were Jacks.

I can't really complain for this first cash. As I've cashed about 1/4th of my BR in order to deposit and then another 1/4th of my BR by cashing in :)

Let's look ahead what next Daily brings ^^