Rakeback

Bronze
      I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but anyway.

I have been playing NL4 6 max for a while now and have a win rate of 12 BB/100 hands. However when I analyse my winnings I have also paid out 7BB / 100 hands in rake without claiming any rakeback!

I play on partypoker. I have now moved up to NL10. Should I cash in my 500 points for cash every time I reach the 500 mark?
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey there 0744379,

I've moved your thread to the relevant board :)

Here is a helpful link for you.

It seems the longer you wait to cash in the better rate you get back as you can see from the tables in the link above.

Hope this helps!
      Gary
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary that table clears it up for me.

Do you think I would be better off going elsewhere to play?

I'm very used to the software but with the incentive of more rakeback I'm sure I'd get used to another site.

I know Party is considered fishy but I've read in other places that it's not. In my experience @ NL10 there are a lot of regs at the tables but generally at least one fish.

Also a first deposit bonus would be an extra incentive.

Cheers,

Kevin.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Kevin,

I don't really play cash games (and when I do I'm the fish!) So this is a personal response and hopefully people with more knowledge will post what they think :)

I think we all glorify rakeback a little too much. I think as an NL2-10/25 rakeback shouldn't define us. Yes - it's nice to have a little cushion but I would concentrate more on win-rate than rakeback.

Let's see if I can find more people to give their 2c :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      actually i seen a chart concerning avg rake and rakeback payed on each poker site on average, and i think pokerstars was the best option if ur playing NL2-NL25

i play on iPoker but i dont feel like switching cause i think the player pool is much worse there then on PS and easily outweights the few % rake u pay extra.
      Bronze
      @Gary - well rakeback hadn't been in my head until now so I was mainly wondering was I missing out on money. 4% of the total I have raked on party makes little difference to my BR so its all good.

@zumpar - I think I saw a similar chart somewhere but I think I'll hold off on opening a stars account for a while yet.

I'm going to stay on party until I'm a regular winning NL10 player and then I'll think about moving my BR around to grind a first deposit bonus maybe.

Cheers guys
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries Kevin, any time :)

Don't be shy if you ever need our help with anything!

All the best,
      Gary