This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 anon OP

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello,

This hand is played against regular looking opponent, but the sample was <15.

I am not sure whether on such an ugly card continuing is correct. I believe we can either shove or c/f and c/f seems quite weak. I don't like the turn card because now even 9x will have hard time paying us off, but I still think shove>c/f.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($33.95) 68bb
      UTG+1 ($50) 100bb
      CO ($15.53) 31bb
      BTN ($64.14) 128bb
      Hero (SB) ($50) 100bb
      BB ($37.04) 74bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB T T
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: 8 2 9 ($2.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.50, Hero raises to $11.75, BB calls $6.25

Turn: K ($20.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $24.50, BB folds

Final Pot: $45

Hero wins $49.68 (net +$11.93)

BB lost $7.25

Best regards,
      burek2000
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi burek,

Preflop: I think your reads on him being reg-looking are off. Look at his stack size. Given that most regs play with 100bb, this is a very telling sign that he's a fish.

Flop: I suppose in BvB 3betting Flop is fine, he has a ton of draws and random bluffs. He reps sets, 89, draws, and some bluffs.

Actually vs fish I really like the 3bet. I think there are so many bad cards that I just prefer to stick all the money in on the Flop. Also, I think he will raise with many 9X type of hands which we can get a lot of value from. You might want to consider 3betting to an even larger size (no need to balance vs fish), to something like 14.

Turn: When he flats you here, I put him on some flush draws (but i think fish play more passively with draws in general, a lot of 9X hands, and some straight draws.

Can we value bet the Turn now? I don't think so. I expect him to fold 9X almost always, when the K hits and the flush draw.

So our other 2 options are to c/c and to c/f. I might c/f if he bets super huge. But I think in general, I expect him to occasionally bet 9X (fish tend to bet randomly at times), and also he has a bunch of straight draws like 67 or TJ. I probably c/c Turn and decide on River.

Maybe if you want to valuebet the Turn, you should make a really small bet and fold to a raise. But a big bet surely doesn't achieve anything.