[NL20-NL50] NL50 anon OP

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello,

This hand is played against regular looking opponent, but the sample was <15.

I am not sure whether on such an ugly card continuing is correct. I believe we can either shove or c/f and c/f seems quite weak. I don't like the turn card because now even 9x will have hard time paying us off, but I still think shove>c/f.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($33.95) 68bb
      UTG+1 ($50) 100bb
      CO ($15.53) 31bb
      BTN ($64.14) 128bb
      Hero (SB) ($50) 100bb
      BB ($37.04) 74bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB T T
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: 8 2 9 ($2.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.50, Hero raises to $11.75, BB calls $6.25

Turn: K ($20.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $24.50, BB folds

Final Pot: $45

Hero wins $49.68 (net +$11.93)

BB lost $7.25

Best regards,
      burek2000
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi burek,

Preflop: I think your reads on him being reg-looking are off. Look at his stack size. Given that most regs play with 100bb, this is a very telling sign that he's a fish.

Flop: I suppose in BvB 3betting Flop is fine, he has a ton of draws and random bluffs. He reps sets, 89, draws, and some bluffs.

Actually vs fish I really like the 3bet. I think there are so many bad cards that I just prefer to stick all the money in on the Flop. Also, I think he will raise with many 9X type of hands which we can get a lot of value from. You might want to consider 3betting to an even larger size (no need to balance vs fish), to something like 14.

Turn: When he flats you here, I put him on some flush draws (but i think fish play more passively with draws in general, a lot of 9X hands, and some straight draws.

Can we value bet the Turn now? I don't think so. I expect him to fold 9X almost always, when the K hits and the flush draw.

So our other 2 options are to c/c and to c/f. I might c/f if he bets super huge. But I think in general, I expect him to occasionally bet 9X (fish tend to bet randomly at times), and also he has a bunch of straight draws like 67 or TJ. I probably c/c Turn and decide on River.

Maybe if you want to valuebet the Turn, you should make a really small bet and fold to a raise. But a big bet surely doesn't achieve anything.