titan site is bad

• broyer69
      broyer69
      Bronze
      It times out, but makes it look like another person is timing out so you are helplessly sitting there watch them bid over your bet and taking your money. I was going to do a small bet then follow up if they raised but it looked like they timed out and then said do I want to sit out. :( So far it is the worst site that I have ever seen. I hope you guys don't run it to this problem.
  • 10 replies
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      I've only ever been playing on titan and never run into this problem... may the issue lies with your network?
    • broyer69
      broyer69
      Bronze
      I have a ADSL connection and no other site has this problem.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      When I had DSL I had problems with Carbon poker, the same thing you are talking about, now I have cable and have been smooth sailing.
    • broyer69
      broyer69
      Bronze
      I am glad that works for you, but that is not an option for me. I guess I will not make the second amount since I cannot use the site, bummer. I might limp along but I don't want to spend anymore money on a crappy site.
    • broyer69
      broyer69
      Bronze
      im not doing well at poker anyways :(
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Sounds like the issue is on your end. If you have high speed connection it is a stable platform in which to play on. With an extremely large fish pool. Make google your friend and search for connection tweaks, not a pro or anything but I would try that first.

I understand your fustration as timeouts completly suck, and would make most people think its Titan fault hopefully you find a solution, and join the many others here at PS that are happy and successful at Titan.
    • broyer69
      broyer69
      Bronze
      Thank you for your comments. I have a few of my own:

1) The connection problem maybe on my side but the design is on their side. Even if my connection lags there is no reason for the spinnig wheel to be on another person instead of me.
      a. I can't tell im timing out because it looks like someone else
      b. I can't preclick on fold or anything

2) no other site has this problem (less likely its my side's fault, at least to any large degree)

3) There software should be able to handle lag better since that is the nature of internet programming.

4) I will go and do my best to make sure that is it not my connect

ps I am a software developer
    • carbonpom
      carbonpom
      Bronze
      1) It looks like someone else is timing out because your client has lost the connection, and is waiting for the server to tell it what the other players is/has done. This I guess doesn't happen, and after a while your client will realise it is disconnected and then prompt you. This, as far as I am aware (I play Party, Titan, Absolute, Carbon, and 888) is common among all poker sites. I do agree that most could include better client detection of whether the connection is broken. 888.com takes ages to realise if I have a glitch.

2) I have encountered the same thing on all the sites I mention above.

3) I agree with this point - there should be better methods for the client to check it is connected, it should be continually polling the server if it fails to receive a response after a couple of seconds or so.

4) It is likely to be a problem on your side though. I get glitches with all sites, usually down to my connection (and thankfully, not very often). Strangely, at 1am every morning my connection resets itself, which lasts about a second. This always throws off whatever poker site I am on. On a couple of occasions when I haven't been watching the time, it has completely screwed me on the hand I was playing (e.g. auto-folded when I had full-house).
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      I found Titan site totaly unplayable over the GPRS modem (40kbit/s).

Once I was in heads up 10k vs 2k chips (2+0.4 SNG 12 players) and connections timed out for about 30s. When I loged in again I got 2k chips and oponent had 10k. So basicaly I resign to play on poor connections because the site sucks on it.

I have almost no problems playing sever tables simoutenously on PS.

Funktor
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I get the same problem, but its a problem on my side with the provider. I simply stop playing and look for a better,less laggy time to play.
      Ive noticed that I lose a lot when I play with a laggy connection, even if I dont time out.