Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:spade: T:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 7:spade: 3:spade: K:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.85, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($1.85, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

Hero shows T:spade: T:diamond: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 67%, Flop 91%, Turn 89%)
      MP shows Q:heart: T:club: (High Card, King) (Pre 33%, Flop 9%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins $4.34

Villain is 27/21 over ~100 hands, having cbet every single time he raised (5 times).

As such, with second pair and a flush draw, I decided to call, because he could easily have a draw himself, or even complete air. Raising wouldn't be great here imo, because he's just going to fold all his weak hands.

On the turn he checks it back, so I'm pretty confident he does not have a flush or set, and I don't expect him to check back a K very often either. The only hands that have me beat are QQ and JJ, I suppose.

So when the river is a complete brick, he decides to fire again. I guess he could have QQ or JJ here, that's the way it is. But because I showed weakness on both the turn and the river, I think he can bet here with complete air, so I made the call here.

• 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Tino,

Preflop/Flop: looks fine. Bluffcatching in this spot is fine as villain will bet most of his range.

Turn: We can assume that QQ and JJ with a spade also bet (so that's 1/2 of the combos) so we should be confident in our hand going into the river.

River: 55 is the only hand that gets there and since we played passive so far (and his range is VERY wide) we can check to induce a bluff from him.

The range that he can bluff with should be much wider than the range that he can call with.