This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh - 66

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $11.17
      BB: $5.16
      UTG: $17.79
      CO: $6.85
      Hero (BTN): $10.66

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 6:club: 6:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 7:spade: K:club: 4:diamond:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.65, 2 players) 4:spade:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.85, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63

BB shows 8:spade: 9:heart: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 48%, Flop 27%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows 6:club: 6:heart: (Two Pair, Sixes and Fours) (Pre 52%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $1.97

Though I only had 55 hands on villain, he was playing 44/31 and knew only two actions post flop: bet and raise. I hadn't seen him go to showdown with anything yet, but folding, checking or calling didn't seem to exist in his dictionary.

Especially against the min bets, I decided to call down. Sometimes when fish take the line of minbet, minbet, bet big they have a pretty good hand. With this guy I seriously had my doubts, and figured he could even have complete air here (it wasn't the first time he took this line).
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Considering your reads I don't mind calling down (especially with these bets) however what's your plan on most rivers? Let's say high card A, Q or flush completing?

We could raise the turn for super thin value/protection versus draws. He won't fold a 7x or Kx but we may actually get him to check to us on the river (if he calls) and then we can take a free showdown. If I raise I make it 5x-6x.
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Against this guy I would probably still call if an A or Q would hit. I might consider folding if the flush hit that would put another overcard to my pair, but I would probably call it down anyway. Like I said, he's just betting all the time, seemingly regardless of what he has, so I think he would be pretty capable of just betting complete air even if the flush completes.

Obviously it wouldn't be a great spot, but unless he makes an insanely large bet, I think I just have to call. Sometimes he's actually going to have a hand. And if so, so be it.

That's probably what I would do.