Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 6:club: 6:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 7:spade: K:club: 4:diamond:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.65, 2 players) 4:spade:
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.85, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63

BB shows 8:spade: 9:heart: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 48%, Flop 27%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows 6:club: 6:heart: (Two Pair, Sixes and Fours) (Pre 52%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $1.97

Though I only had 55 hands on villain, he was playing 44/31 and knew only two actions post flop: bet and raise. I hadn't seen him go to showdown with anything yet, but folding, checking or calling didn't seem to exist in his dictionary.

Especially against the min bets, I decided to call down. Sometimes when fish take the line of minbet, minbet, bet big they have a pretty good hand. With this guy I seriously had my doubts, and figured he could even have complete air here (it wasn't the first time he took this line).
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Considering your reads I don't mind calling down (especially with these bets) however what's your plan on most rivers? Let's say high card A, Q or flush completing?

We could raise the turn for super thin value/protection versus draws. He won't fold a 7x or Kx but we may actually get him to check to us on the river (if he calls) and then we can take a free showdown. If I raise I make it 5x-6x.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Against this guy I would probably still call if an A or Q would hit. I might consider folding if the flush hit that would put another overcard to my pair, but I would probably call it down anyway. Like I said, he's just betting all the time, seemingly regardless of what he has, so I think he would be pretty capable of just betting complete air even if the flush completes.

Obviously it wouldn't be a great spot, but unless he makes an insanely large bet, I think I just have to call. Sometimes he's actually going to have a hand. And if so, so be it.

That's probably what I would do.