86% cbet flop 3bet pot
      34% (48) fold cbet vs raise in 3bet pot
      52% cbet T 3bet pot
      50% cbet R 3bet pot
      47% wtsd
      30% wtsd
      55% w$sd
      21k hands

I face this reg very often on the tables, and in this particular session we were involving in lots of 3bet pots. I know he likes to mess with me, as we can see he is 3beting more against me, and im not even folding that much to 3bets (61%).

MP: $22.53 (90.1 bb)
      CO: $27.85 (111.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $33.41 (133.6 bb)
      SB: $90.48 (361.9 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:spade: A:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.65, SB folds, BB raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.90) 5:club: 2:diamond: T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($8.10) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: ($16.10) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $17 and is all-in, Hero calls $17

He cbets most of the time in 3bet potes, and as he isnt folding much to raise i decided to float. Turn is a great card because he will try to represent it, and in that river i can see him get desperate with air, and he wont have Ks or Qs very often, and he wont value bet worst than that.

Is the hero play spew or not?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi,

PF: standard
      F: I think floating here is reasonable given his wide range. we have the best hand a lot, and he will barrel our outs.
      T: plan here is to call down now.
      R: I'm not too sure about whether we should call here. You need to have a good read that he would bluff at such spots in order to make an (exploitative) hero-call

If not, my default balanced strategy would be to fold all non-diamonds and call with all diamonds. I don't think you will get exploited this way (and you are unlikely to make a huge mistake).
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think it's fine if he has a wide range because I don't expect him to bet Qd that big nor Kd (scaring away all hands).
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hi,

PF: standard
      F: I think floating here is reasonable given his wide range. we have the best hand a lot, and he will barrel our outs.
      T: plan here is to call down now.
      R: I'm not too sure about whether we should call here. You need to have a good read that he would bluff at such spots in order to make an (exploitative) hero-call

If not, my default balanced strategy would be to fold all non-diamonds and call with all diamonds. I don't think you will get exploited this way (and you are unlikely to make a huge mistake).
      Agreed!