[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 A6o 29-11-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.82 (91 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.36 (118 bb)
      MP2: $0.47 (23.5 bb)
      CO: $1.90 (95 bb)
      SB: $3.85 (192.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.88 (94 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 6
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05) 3 A K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.13) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, CO folds

I have a feeling that I might have played it wrong.
      I suppose my bet only makes sense to bet to get a weaker hand to call, most Ax hands beat me, but felt I had to make a protection bet aswell against FD's.

Turn:
      I suppose only better hands will continue here? maybe I should slow down and get him to bluff?
      However the FD would get a free card.

Villain:
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop there's nothing else we can do.

What do you think about checking the flop?
      So if you check the options are:
      - he bets - I think we can check/call once and reevaluate the turn
      - he checks - then we can value bet easier and probably getting called more. I also don't think that we could take more than two streets of value here.
      I wouldn't say that betting is bad since it will show profit given the fact that we have quite a lot of FE and also worse hands could call us.

On the turn betting again is fine but I'd make it around $0.09.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I did considder just checking, but was a bit not to happy about the FD, and kinda thought he was loose enough to continue with a FD on the flop.

I just think if I check the flop it might be hard to know where I'm add on turn. But I guess that this type would maybe raise his value hands preflop like broadways from CO, hard to tell not many reads on him he did seem loose tho.

On turn I made it a bit bigger as he didn't seem like one who would notice, he might still call with a FD?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, if he checks back the flop we can be pretty sure that we have the best hand because I don't expect him to check a better hand here, right?

Also, if you think that he's not going to fold to a bigger bet then I don't mind getting bigger.