This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 A6o 29-11-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.82 (91 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.36 (118 bb)
      MP2: $0.47 (23.5 bb)
      CO: $1.90 (95 bb)
      SB: $3.85 (192.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.88 (94 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 6
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05) 3 A K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.13) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, CO folds

I have a feeling that I might have played it wrong.
      I suppose my bet only makes sense to bet to get a weaker hand to call, most Ax hands beat me, but felt I had to make a protection bet aswell against FD's.

Turn:
      I suppose only better hands will continue here? maybe I should slow down and get him to bluff?
      However the FD would get a free card.

Villain:
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop there's nothing else we can do.

What do you think about checking the flop?
      So if you check the options are:
      - he bets - I think we can check/call once and reevaluate the turn
      - he checks - then we can value bet easier and probably getting called more. I also don't think that we could take more than two streets of value here.
      I wouldn't say that betting is bad since it will show profit given the fact that we have quite a lot of FE and also worse hands could call us.

On the turn betting again is fine but I'd make it around $0.09.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I did considder just checking, but was a bit not to happy about the FD, and kinda thought he was loose enough to continue with a FD on the flop.

I just think if I check the flop it might be hard to know where I'm add on turn. But I guess that this type would maybe raise his value hands preflop like broadways from CO, hard to tell not many reads on him he did seem loose tho.

On turn I made it a bit bigger as he didn't seem like one who would notice, he might still call with a FD?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, if he checks back the flop we can be pretty sure that we have the best hand because I don't expect him to check a better hand here, right?

Also, if you think that he's not going to fold to a bigger bet then I don't mind getting bigger.