NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.91)
      BB ($5.07)
      UTG ($5.20)
      Hero ($6.04)
      CO ($6.02)
      BTN ($1.68)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, CO raises to $0.45, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.28

FLOP ($0.97) 3:heart: 5:heart: 2:club:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.97) 3:heart: 5:heart: 2:club: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.60, CO raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.65

RIVER ($3.47) 3:heart: 5:heart: 2:club: 9:heart: K:club:

Hero bets $1.20, CO raises to $4.32 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $5.48

I have more general questions which this hand actually fit well

1. losing money start of session (due to not having hand about the players)

2. Problem with unknown aggressive guys sitting closely on my left near regular stat , so not maniac but it's hard to justify that much 3bet or postflop aggression saying that he had the "goods", i find it hard to believe he could do this without hand history about me and on this limit people don't fold much, and it pretty obvious he won't be normalizing around 2,5% value range

+ Being "good" (this is nl5) shortstack is an extra annoyance, but usually means he is fishy and actually a maniac but still i usually have to sit out or play very tight

So what should i do ?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Interesting hand.

Preflop I don't mind calling and playing postflop, but then this might be hard since we are OOP and I expect opponents to cbet a lot so it might be hard for us to play the hand.
      Another option is to 4bet and play for stacks, which against a fairly aggressive opponent won't be bad in my opinion, considering the FE that we have.
      If we are unsure about both options, I think taking the safe line of folding is ok, but then what are we going to defend?

Betting turn is fine, but when he raises what is your plan when you call?
      I think this spot really sucks because he might end up having an overpair for example, also we are OOP will have to play another street.
      Our draw is kind of weak too and even if we hit it we can't really be happy to check/call.
      So I'd probably fold the turn here.

As played on the turn, what's the reasoning for betting like that on the river?
      I'd check/fold here.