This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ATs SB

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 31/14 with AF 3.5 over 35 hands

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $0.79
      MP1:
      $2.08
      MP2:
      $0.90
      MP3:
      $3.06
      CO:
      $2.63
      BU:
      $2.03
      SB (Hero):
      $2.21
      BB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, BB folds, BU calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.38) 8, Q, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.74) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.35, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.74.

I presume he is opening wide with lots of trash, especially on the button...(open raised 36o on BU few hands ago)
      Should I have opened with a bet on the flop, I somehow had a feeling he is the type that will always bet if checked too, thats why I called on the flop, turn is bad for me to continue cuz I got nothing and seemed to me like he wouldnt go away on raise

opinions?
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Are you 3betting preflop for value or as a bluff?

Also what is your plan for the later streets when you check/call with A high here?
      What are you going to do if the turn comes a 6 :spade: and he bets? What about T :club: ?

Best,
      Plamen
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      was 3betting for value since I presumed I was in good position

after c/c plan was get to showdown cheaply in hope he will check the turn, would bet on T for value as I think he has no queen/would bet allot stronger on flop after my check if he had it

I would probably call on 6 spade on the turn
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think that 3betting for value here is pretty questionable. Also, if you are going to 3bet I'd just make it $0.22.

I don't really like check/calling the turn here.
      It's bad since we only have A high, we give up the initiative and we put us in a pretty tough spot where we have to call possible bets on both turn and river. Also by check/calling we can't win the hand right here.
      So I'd just go for a bet - we can win the hand right here quite often, and even if we get called there are some turn cards - like A/K/spade we can bet on.

Best,
      Plamen
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      yeah...my thoughts exactly...shoulda just lead on the flop, thanks for help