Win Rate for Rush NL100 - Post your win rate

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

What is a good win rate for rush?

I don't play that much these days, but I seem to be getting money, however my win rate is not as high as I would expect (I guess the speed of the game makes you think you're doing better than you are).

Over 20k hands I have a win rate of 9.57 bb/100, what is that comparatively?

If you also play Rush or Zoom, can you post your win rate (and your stakes)
  • 10 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      my win rate is not as high as I would expect

Over 20k hands I have a win rate of 9.57 bb/100

this winrate is low for you?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Ahh, winrate...

I'm sorry for not answering your questions as I have no idea about NL rush winrates, BUT I'm not sure how much any answer would actually help you, because:

-There's variance, so your winrate will vary constantly because of it, no matter how big of a sample you have.
      -Even EV has variance (always flop nuts, your EV goes up. Constantly run into setups/get money in with 2nd nuts vs nuts -> EV goes down.)
      -Your winrate after playing 20k hands should be different than before that (or you're doing something wrong ie. not learning/improving constantly), so maybe you could talk about average winrate or something like that at best.

So I would recommend to focus on the things that you have an effect on - fixing your leaks and improving + analyzing your game, and not caring too much about winrates etc. ;) .

I hope this reply won't be considered too harsh, but I've always wanted to mention my view on winrates somewhere :D .

-SF
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      ^^ this
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I've moved this thread to the relevant board :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      remember to bookmark this thread and view ur post in a few weeks, see how will you like 9.5bb then :)
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Ahh, winrate...

I'm sorry for not answering your questions as I have no idea about NL rush winrates, BUT I'm not sure how much any answer would actually help you, because:

-There's variance, so your winrate will vary constantly because of it, no matter how big of a sample you have.
      -Even EV has variance (always flop nuts, your EV goes up. Constantly run into setups/get money in with 2nd nuts vs nuts -> EV goes down.)
      -Your winrate after playing 20k hands should be different than before that (or you're doing something wrong ie. not learning/improving constantly), so maybe you could talk about average winrate or something like that at best.

So I would recommend to focus on the things that you have an effect on - fixing your leaks and improving + analyzing your game, and not caring too much about winrates etc. ;) .

I hope this reply won't be considered too harsh, but I've always wanted to mention my view on winrates somewhere :D .

-SF
      I'm not sure I understand.

I'm not a fan of EV, and i understand why that is not good to use,

But Winrate seems significantly different to me. Of course I'm talking about average win rate, I'm not talking about my win rate on hand number 20k.

Since variance happens, let's assume it is always happening (and doesn't just happen suddenly in the last 10 hands). My win rate over 20k hands will be more accurate than my winrate over 1 hand (where I won a stack, and so it looks pretty darn good).

Why wouldn't it be reasonable to expect a certain win rate over 20k hands?

In terms of what's good and what's not, I was doing some article reading and a guy was analysing some players, each one had win rates over 13. That's why I say it didn't feel low to me, but after seeing win rates at 13+, it seems like it may be low.. or maybe Im actually on an upswing and I should just be happy.
    • Jitroceler
      Jitroceler
      Bronze
      IMHO 20k is really small sample to determine the accurate winrate.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jitroceler
      IMHO 20k is really small sample to determine the accurate winrate.
      You need 250-500K at least, in which time your game has probably changed a lot.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      if you don't know how good is 10bb/100, you are on an upswing for sure, just check whats the winrate on your next 20k hand. there is no way to determine what is real winrate imo, your play changes all the time, ur luck aswell. you should never care about the winrate, just make it positive
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans

I'm not sure I understand.

Why wouldn't it be reasonable to expect a certain win rate over 20k hands?
      this