Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.78)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($15.77)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($1.67)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, SB raises to $0.45, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, SB calls $1.05

FLOP ($3.22) 4:heart: 6:diamond: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

TURN ($5.22) 4:heart: 6:diamond: 9:club: J:heart:

SB bets $3.28 (AI), Hero calls $2.50 (AI)

RIVER ($10.22) 4:heart: 6:diamond: 9:club: J:heart: T:heart:

SB shows 5:club: 5:diamond:
      (Pre 55%, Flop 75.2%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 24.8%, Turn 13.6%)

SB wins $9.54

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: Looks fine considering he is a very aggresive fish (preflop).

Flop: Can we expect to have much fold equity on this flop? or are we betting small to induce lighter calls from Ax and other broadways?

In these spots, against a station, I would check back because I can't really expect him to fold any better hands and we aren't sure what worse calls.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      But he most likely has nothing and if i give him the pot every time i miss then i lose 30 ish bb about 2/3 times when i miss my pairs and also no guarantee that he will stack off even if i hit, and this guy will attacks the board with any 2, and he is quite fond of donking as well so free card should not relied upon.

So considering that whats your tip ?

I was thinking about preflop showing or just calling his 3bet also letting him keep the agression which i prefer since he can't bluff call a shove. Against his range it's probably +ev to shove on any flop considering how much i am invested already and his wide range.

I need more information about situations like this :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      But he most likely has nothing and if i give him the pot every time i miss then i lose 30 ish bb about 2/3 times when i miss my pairs and also no guarantee that he will stack off even if i hit, and this guy will attacks the board with any 2, and he is quite fond of donking as well so free card should not relied upon.

So considering that whats your tip ?

I was thinking about preflop showing or just calling his 3bet also letting him keep the agression which i prefer since he can't bluff call a shove. Against his range it's probably +ev to shove on any flop considering how much i am invested already and his wide range.

I need more information about situations like this :)
      Postflop he doesn't seem that aggressive but if you are worried of him bluffing you of your hand often then we can simply check back flop, let him bet turn and we call with A high. This way we give him a chance to bet his entire range.

Shoving flop is fine if you can expect him to call worse (and/or fold a lot of better hands). Since I can't see him folding much better we need him to call worse. I suggest you run some ranges that he can call a shove with and see what equity we have.