[NL2-NL10] 22 – Attempt Bluff at A-high Flop?

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 77.5 BB
      SB: 92 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 102.5 BB
      MP: 88 BB
      Hero (CO): 162.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 2:diamond: 2:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, BTN raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (16.5BB, 3 players) J:spade: A:diamond: 9:club:
      MP checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (16.5BB, 3 players) 4:club:
      MP checks, Hero?

PF: Call for set value, then call min-raise for set value.

F: It is possible that MP has an ace but his check likely signals that he doesn't. The board does allow for a lot of hands that may continue with a bet but I don't think that BU has many aces in his range or many broadway holdings neither since a min-bet pre-flop usual signals some type of middle pocket pair or suited connector. I on the other hand, could easily represent the ace which is usually a good scare card for getting most hands to fold.

As played:
      T: BTN was aggressive enough to min-bet pre-flop therefore I assume that he'd most likely bet his missed hands on this flop so his check behind is probably for pot control with 9x or Jx, Since he likely pot controlled, then he will probably call at least one or two bets so I don't think this is a good spot for a bluff.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Your preflop play is fine.

Not really going to stab postflop.
      Our main idea for preflop was - set value. We didn't hit our set, so there's no point investing money on such a board 3way, where it is likely to get called at least once and to have to play on the river.
      Just check/fold it.

Best,
      Plamen