BTN: 289 BB
      Hero (SB): 100 BB
      BB: 424.5 BB
      UTG: 126 BB
      MP: 84.5 BB
      CO: 92.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 8:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, BB calls 5 BB, fold

Flop: (13BB, 2 players) 7:club: 8:spade: 2:spade:
      Hero bets 8 BB, BB calls 8 BB

Turn: (29BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero bets 19 BB, BB calls 19 BB

River: (67BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero bets 32 BB, fold

PF: Bet in order to protect my hand against over-cards.

F: Flop the nuts so Hero should totally be focused on getting maximum value. However, the board also offers a number of draws so he should bet heavily to protect his hand, a slightly bigger bet would have done a good job.

T: Any flush draws now complete but Hero has to assume that he still has the best hand so again he bets for value and also to protect his hand.

R: Hero know gives the BB a range of either a made flush, some type of busted straight draw or possibly a 7x or 8x type holding. The only way he thinks he gets value is to bet relatively small, say 1/3 pot because anything more will cause these weaker hands to fold. He opens himself up to be bluffed at but doubts that the BB is the type to bluff since his statistics show early signs of a calling station.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Usually I make it 5bb here preflop, but then if BU is a big fish I don't mind making it 6bb.

I'd bet around 10bb on the flop. Quite a lot of draws to take value from.

Not really the best turn card but betting again is fairly standard.

On the river I'd go for a slightly smaller bet - around 25bb. The hands that could call us here are some 8x, 99/TT and some random Qx that decided to float the flop.
      The board isn't great for them so I'd want to give them a good price. Usually people can't fold to small bets just because they are so curious and say "hey, i only need to be good 1 out of 5 times - I call".

Best,
      Plamen