This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Kk 29/11

• carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $6.59 (164.8 bb)
      BTN: $8.04 (201 bb)
      Hero (SB): $4 (100 bb)
      BB: $4.03 (100.8 bb)
      MP: $3.36 (84 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      MP calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.22, BB folds, MP calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.48) 8 J 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP raises to $0.84, Hero raises to $3.78 and is all-in, MP calls $2.30 and is all-in

Turn: ($6.76) J (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($6.76) A (2 players, 2 are all-in)

?(
  • 2 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Against an unknown player raising you on the flop such aggression shows a very strong hand. They could easily have an 8 in their range. KK is a very strong hand, but against that aggression I find I'm usually beat without any other stats/history to know that a player is a maniac and likely doesn't have anything strong.

That said, many low limit players would get it in with any Jack and decent kicker (AJ-JT?), so you could be against someone who doesn't want to give up top pair.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi carrapa,

It's kind of hard to say with no reads. The only thing I know is that he's probably a weak player who didn't read any strategy articles or books, given that he bought in for 84bb.

On the Flop, I could go either way. If he only checkraises 8X then obviously we should fold. If he checkraises some JX, we should stack off. If he also checkraises as a bluff some small % of the time (with gutshots or maybe he checkraises T9 and stacks off), then we should be more inclined to stack off.

I think based on everything (including his slightly shallower stack), I like your play. I don't think it's out of the question for him to raise JX and just play for stacks.