This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 Nl4 Sh

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      No reads on the opponent when we played this hand.

On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($2.24)
      Button ($4.43)
      SB ($5.07)
      BB ($3.88)
      UTG ($2.02)
      Hero (MP) ($4.16)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.12, 2 folds, SB calls $0.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.28) 2:spade: , 5:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.28

I won this hand but the thing is that when I c-betted him he took a lot of time to decide what to do. During this time I thought that I had no idea what to do if he raised me.So, lets say that he raises my cbet . What I should do? Call to see a turn or raise to get it in (I don't think folding is an option)?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi acetbfish,

I don't like stacking off here without reads. I would just call once and decide on future streets. Usually if he bets again on a high card, he is likely to be strong (I don't expect him to barrel a hand like A7 on a Turned King for example). Of course he could be bluffing and trying to represent having hit the high pair but I think in general lower limit games are more passive so I wouldn't hesitate to fold my hand.