[NL20-NL50] NL25 - bad hand to 3bet?

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

personally I used to flat KTs here a lot. I think your hand could be a flat here in many circumstances. However the games I play in are much more aggressive and I get squeezed in these positions really often (or BB may tend to overcall really wide as well). That tends to make things really unfavourable for the SB caller so I just 3bet to get it headsup instead.

The 3bet here is more of a playability thing than a 3bet for value or a 3bet as a bluff.

My flat range could contain small PPs sometimes (vs fish), but I usually fold them. Mostly 77-TT (I 3bet 99 and TT a fair bit to stack off if dynamic is aggressive though), AJs, KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs, JTs ATs. But a lot of the time I just 3bet these hands too.

I think the biggest issue here is BB's tendencies. Flatting here is fine when BB is tight. If BB is a really bad fish I suppose flatting here to let him come along is fine too.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      BB was tight yeah. On NL25 there aren't many aggro types.

I think KJs is good enough to call but KTs just a little bit too weak... So isn't this one of the best hands to 3bet then?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Oh yes, I thought he was in CO but he's in MP. I think calling is the worst option so it's between 3betting and folding.

So your 3bet is fine.