This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 - bad hand to 3bet?

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

personally I used to flat KTs here a lot. I think your hand could be a flat here in many circumstances. However the games I play in are much more aggressive and I get squeezed in these positions really often (or BB may tend to overcall really wide as well). That tends to make things really unfavourable for the SB caller so I just 3bet to get it headsup instead.

The 3bet here is more of a playability thing than a 3bet for value or a 3bet as a bluff.

My flat range could contain small PPs sometimes (vs fish), but I usually fold them. Mostly 77-TT (I 3bet 99 and TT a fair bit to stack off if dynamic is aggressive though), AJs, KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs, JTs ATs. But a lot of the time I just 3bet these hands too.

I think the biggest issue here is BB's tendencies. Flatting here is fine when BB is tight. If BB is a really bad fish I suppose flatting here to let him come along is fine too.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      BB was tight yeah. On NL25 there aren't many aggro types.

I think KJs is good enough to call but KTs just a little bit too weak... So isn't this one of the best hands to 3bet then?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Oh yes, I thought he was in CO but he's in MP. I think calling is the worst option so it's between 3betting and folding.

So your 3bet is fine.