BTN: 55 BB
      SB: 37 BB
      BB: 216.5 BB
      Hero (UTG): 115.5 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 144 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 6:heart: 6:spade:

Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, CO calls 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB, fold, BB calls 3 BB

Flop: (16.5BB, 4 players) Q:heart: 3:heart: A:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: (16.5BB, 4 players) 6:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 12.5 BB, fold, BTN raises to 51 BB and is all-in, fold, Hero?

PF: Have the best hand on average here so I bet in order to protect it from the numerous over-cards which my opponent's can have.

F: Makes no sense bluffing into 3 opponent's OOP whilst the board is so draw-heavy so I opt to check/fold.

T: I turn trips so obviously start betting to gain value from weaker holdings as well as to protect myself from the flush draws. My hand is extremely vulnerable at this point so I choose to bet big though I think I could have bet even bigger, say 13.5BB in order to protect my hand as best as possible.

When BTN shoves, I think it screams flopped flush since I assume any thinking player would have bet Ax or maybe even Qx on the flop to protect their hand on the flop, especially from the BTN. He could be doing this as semi-bluff with KhX but I can't assume this so would choose the safe option and fold.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      Hi Raknyo,

PF: Raising seems standard. I'm not sure how loose your table is though. If it's really loose and passive, and you expect 3-4 way action really often, I may even advocate an open limp here. I know everyone says that you should only open raise in 6max games which is true 99% of the time.

But you are playing in an NL2 game (which may play like a live game really often) and in live games it's often more profitable to just open limp a small pocket pair from early position because raising doesn't allow you to isolate opponents and play in HU pots. 66 plays really poorly when you miss in 3way pots.

While raising is certainly the standard play, I don't really like your reasoning for doing so ("Have the best hand on average here so I bet in order to protect it from the numerous over-cards which my opponent's can have").

66 is just a really weak hand to be honest, and most of your opponent's calling range will have at least 45% equity vs you. I play 66 simply because it has set potential and set potential is great against weak players who stack off with top pair too often.

Flop: Check is standard. No point betting

Turn: BU's line doesn't make any sense as a value hand (why would he check back anything on the Flop?) Only hands I can think of is A6 (but you have 2 6s).

His line also doesn't make any sense as a bluff (why would he suddenly check back Flop and jam turn?)

I expect this to be King high flush very often. But it could also be some donkey play.

Let's look at your pot odds.
      Pot odds = (51-12.5) / 51 + 51 + 16.5 = 32.5%
      You have around 20% equity vs a flopped flush.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 40.45% 40.45% 0.00% 6h6s
      MP3 59.55% 59.55% 0.00% KhJh, KhTh, JhTh, Kh9h, Jh9h, Kh8h, Jh8h, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc

I gave him some KhQx hands in case he could play them in a weird fashion as part of his bluffing range, and I gave him some K and J high flushes and we get 40% equity vs 32% pot odds.

So I think it's a call and this is mostly because of his stack size of 55BB.