[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH KJs deep

• OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Hey, I have a hand here, wonder what you guys say about it.
      Its deep, and I saw the villain do stuff like flat AA pre, c/c flop, donk/call turn, c/c river. his stats are: 29/20/5.5 3bet, 8% flop c/r, flop/turn/river cbets:37/49/38, overall aggro 1.7 (on all streets the same), call open @ SB 12%.
      I had too many tables to think the hand through, now looking back I didn't even realize at the moment that I had FD on the turn. I just thought at the time that we are 200bb+ deep, and if he called pre with 22,A2,32 he has to c/r flop and bet big all the way to get all the money in so I folded. Also, what if I have AA here what would you do ? thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $45.81
      MP3:
      $97.21
      CO (Hero):
      $53.75
      BU:
      $87.04
      SB:
      $80.90

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, K.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BU calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.5) K, 2, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BU folds, SB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($11.5) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $8.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.5.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hiya,

His flop c/r is very low imo and given that it's a 3way pot it should be lower still. Personally, although your opponent reps very thin for value, I would just trust him because his sizing is value-ish on the flop (quite big for that texture and being deep) so I would not bluffcatch.

Whenever deep IP against someone that doesn't have KK in their range I always think of the option of calling as a thin bluffcatcher or to turn my hand into a bluff. Can he fold A2 here if you call flop, call turn and ship river? If he only calls quads, your play should be +EV but once he never folds trips then it's not as good imo.

After you call the flop, I think the turn fold is not good in terms of overall game plan. What happens is that you must be sure he barrels nutted hands only for you to fold but then again, how many people raise as a bluff 3way on that flop?

The nice thing about turning your hand into a bluff is that you might make him fold some thin value hands like KQ or flop bluffs that improve to beat your hand, like Ax hands. Keep in mind it's risky though and should only be done against the right players. This guy seems like a possible candidate in my book.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      I believe this is a at least a drill that won't fold ever or a pure bluff, reason is
      When he had AA and flat pre, c/c flop, and donk turn, he donked only 1/2, he didnt go for 2/3 or pot, and the flop was QQ253, I cbet the flop there, raised him on the turn, and bet about 80% on the river, he tanked but he did call the AA, I thought he has at least a Qx but no. So the raise turn/shove river with that KJ is not good because he never fold there a drill if he called the AA before, also if he happend to flat AA again here, he wont fold that either.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd recommend shoving river, not raising turn and shoving river. Shove river vs bet or overbet shove imo but only if capable of folding.

AA hand is different or sounds like it anyway.. Different positions and different stack depth from what you are saying, not 3 way on the flop. He then c/c flop, not c/r. Starting from flop the line is different from him and it doesn't mean he'll play exactly the same when he has AA (if he actually ever has it here).

That said, since he didn't fold AA in that spot where you do represent some value hands, I think he would definitely call worse than quads or turned/rivered full house so my idea of turning your hand into a bluff becomes less attractive.