I will soon burn my whole bankroll

    • Nitrub
      Nitrub
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.01.2008 Posts: 98
      I'm playing NL50 SH @ PartyPoker. And if THIS continues, I will destroy my whole bankroll.

      I went to a new table with a huge fish, who had 10$ when I sat down, by the end of my session he had 80$ (al token from me).

      The first hand I doubled him up with A8s on two hearts board, I cbet (usually don't against fishes) and he moves allin, I call and river completes the flush.

      JJ vs QT (my jacks got beaten by flush)

      AA vs KKKKK77777, he gets 2 pairs on the flop.

      Obviously this is not my only beat today.Had a 1200$ bankroll and lost 300$ today and my head will soon explode if something won't change.

      I will obviously move back to NL25 and play only 1-2 tables to develop reads.
  • 4 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.03.2008 Posts: 565
      Originally posted by Nitrub
      I'm playing NL50 SH @ PartyPoker. And if THIS continues, I will destroy my whole bankroll.

      I went to a new table with a huge fish, who had 10$ when I sat down, by the end of my session he had 80$ (al token from me).
      How do you know he was a fish?

      Originally posted by Nitrub
      The first hand I doubled him up with A8s on two hearts board, I cbet (usually don't against fishes) and he moves allin, I call and river completes the flush.
      You called an all in with a flushdraw? Or did he go all in with a flushdraw?
      What did you have?

      Originally posted by Nitrub
      JJ vs QT (my jacks got beaten by flush)
      JJ isnt the most powerful hand out there. Its easily dominated.

      Originally posted by Nitrub
      AA vs KKKKK77777, he gets 2 pairs on the flop.
      Someone broke your Aces? Thats poker for you.

      Originally posted by Nitrub
      Obviously this is not my only beat today.Had a 1200$ bankroll and lost 300$ today and my head will soon explode if something won't change.
      I suggest taking a break if your head is about to explode. Did you consider that a bad mood can affect your play alot?

      Originally posted by Nitrub
      I will obviously move back to NL25 and play only 1-2 tables to develop reads.
      Try going FR instead. I dont think NL25 is going to do anything but cause more frustration.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.06.2007 Posts: 4,736
      If I'd react like that after losing 6 buy ins, you would all be welcome to visit me at the Genk City Central Cemmetary.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.04.2008 Posts: 263
      what i am trying to figure is, u play SH NL50 with 1300$ ?? the ONLY reason i could think of is that u play SSS and correct me if i'm wrong ( and im sure i am)

      "JJ vs QT (my jacks got beaten by flush)"

      did u go all in pre flop? if so he was only 1-3dog.that is not bad beat.if u didnt, than maybe u should work ut post flop play, try reducing river calls with marginal hands for start.


      "AA vs KKKKK77777, he gets 2 pairs on the flop."

      again, did u go all in pre flop? if so, than u wont mind, u want donkyes to call u with any hand! if not, try pot control, hack even try fold AA and KK someties when ur getting reraise every straeet, its only a pair...


      with 900$ left u can play SSS NL50 FR, u will have 50 bi and plenty room for swings.
      or u can play NL25 BSS with about 35 bi. but arrest in sure that u will but your bankroll if u wont follow bankroll management.

      i lot today to, 10bi of course its not pleasent but u will have to know that these kind of things happen no matter what.




      hope i helped.

      shloogy
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.06.2007 Posts: 4,736
      Originally posted by shloogy
      what i am trying to figure is, u play SH NL50 with 1300$ ?? the ONLY reason i could think of is that u play SSS and correct me if i'm wrong ( and im sure i am)
      That 26 BI, sounds good to me.
      I moved up to NL25SH at 18BI (450 $) and to NL50SH at 20 BI (1000 $)
      Only afterwards I became a little more conservative : 24 BI for NL100 (2400 $) and now 30 BI for NL200 (6000 $)