I will soon burn my whole bankroll

• Nitrub
      Nitrub
      Bronze
      I'm playing NL50 SH @ PartyPoker. And if THIS continues, I will destroy my whole bankroll.

I went to a new table with a huge fish, who had 10$ when I sat down, by the end of my session he had 80$ (al token from me).

The first hand I doubled him up with A8s on two hearts board, I cbet (usually don't against fishes) and he moves allin, I call and river completes the flush.

JJ vs QT (my jacks got beaten by flush)

AA vs KKKKK77777, he gets 2 pairs on the flop.

Obviously this is not my only beat today.Had a 1200$ bankroll and lost 300$ today and my head will soon explode if something won't change.

I will obviously move back to NL25 and play only 1-2 tables to develop reads.
  • 4 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nitrub
      I'm playing NL50 SH @ PartyPoker. And if THIS continues, I will destroy my whole bankroll.

I went to a new table with a huge fish, who had 10$ when I sat down, by the end of my session he had 80$ (al token from me).
      How do you know he was a fish?

The first hand I doubled him up with A8s on two hearts board, I cbet (usually don't against fishes) and he moves allin, I call and river completes the flush.
      You called an all in with a flushdraw? Or did he go all in with a flushdraw?
      What did you have?

JJ vs QT (my jacks got beaten by flush)
      JJ isnt the most powerful hand out there. Its easily dominated.

AA vs KKKKK77777, he gets 2 pairs on the flop.
      Someone broke your Aces? Thats poker for you.

Obviously this is not my only beat today.Had a 1200$ bankroll and lost 300$ today and my head will soon explode if something won't change.
      I suggest taking a break if your head is about to explode. Did you consider that a bad mood can affect your play alot?

I will obviously move back to NL25 and play only 1-2 tables to develop reads.
      Try going FR instead. I dont think NL25 is going to do anything but cause more frustration.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      If I'd react like that after losing 6 buy ins, you would all be welcome to visit me at the Genk City Central Cemmetary.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      what i am trying to figure is, u play SH NL50 with 1300$ ?? the ONLY reason i could think of is that u play SSS and correct me if i'm wrong ( and im sure i am)

"JJ vs QT (my jacks got beaten by flush)"

did u go all in pre flop? if so he was only 1-3dog.that is not bad beat.if u didnt, than maybe u should work ut post flop play, try reducing river calls with marginal hands for start.

"AA vs KKKKK77777, he gets 2 pairs on the flop."

again, did u go all in pre flop? if so, than u wont mind, u want donkyes to call u with any hand! if not, try pot control, hack even try fold AA and KK someties when ur getting reraise every straeet, its only a pair...

with 900$ left u can play SSS NL50 FR, u will have 50 bi and plenty room for swings.
      or u can play NL25 BSS with about 35 bi. but arrest in sure that u will but your bankroll if u wont follow bankroll management.

i lot today to, 10bi of course its not pleasent but u will have to know that these kind of things happen no matter what.

hope i helped.

shloogy
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shloogy
      what i am trying to figure is, u play SH NL50 with 1300$ ?? the ONLY reason i could think of is that u play SSS and correct me if i'm wrong ( and im sure i am)
      That 26 BI, sounds good to me.
      I moved up to NL25SH at 18BI (450 $) and to NL50SH at 20 BI (1000 $)
      Only afterwards I became a little more conservative : 24 BI for NL100 (2400 $) and now 30 BI for NL200 (6000 $)