This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - 87o

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $11.09
      Hero (BTN): $15.18
      SB: $16.35
      BB: $12.09
      UTG: $11.17

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: 7:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 5:club: 8:heart: T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.45, 2 players) 7:spade:
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.62, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.58

River: ($2.85, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

Hero shows 8:club: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Eights and Sevens) (Pre 67%, Flop 80%, Turn 91%)
      BB shows 7:club: 4:club: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 33%, Flop 20%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins $5.84

Villain is 60/30 over 100 hands.

I decided to check back the flop, but I think I would have preferred betting, looking back at it, because he could probably call with some straight draws (to which I have blockers) and maybe some ace high or 5x hands (which I think he is loose enough to have in his range). Villain was reasonably aggressive post flop though, so I suppose that's the reason I checked, because I didn't want to get check/raised off a decent hand.

The turn did complete the J9 and 96 draws, but I think he can bet some weaker hands like 9x and maybe even 7x here as well, so I decided to raise for value (he might call with straight draws here, I think). Maybe I should raise larger here? Or rather just call?

When he 3bet me though, I felt like he would have either the straight or some sort of draw. I think he is aggressive enough to be bluffing here from time to time. So I decided to call, getting pretty good odds.

The river felt a bit ugly, but I decided to bluff-catch here against his busted draws.

I definitely did not expect him to have this hand though :f_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Against a 60/30 opponent we could consider folding 87o but if you think you can outplay him I don't mind. I'd make it 3bb though.

I prefer cbetting on the flop.
      - We can get called by worse
      - We don't mind if he folds his K7 here
      - There are a lot of bad turn cards that will be bad and we will face a bad.
      So overall the aggressive play here would be better.

I'd raise more on the turn - quite a lot of draws and worse hands to call - $1.
      When he 3bets I like calling and planning to call most of the rivers.

The river is a blank and considering he could have worse two pair/top pair here, calling is fine.

Best,
      Plamen