Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: 7:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 5:club: 8:heart: T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.45, 2 players) 7:spade:
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.62, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.58

River: ($2.85, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

Hero shows 8:club: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Eights and Sevens) (Pre 67%, Flop 80%, Turn 91%)
      BB shows 7:club: 4:club: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 33%, Flop 20%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins $5.84

Villain is 60/30 over 100 hands.

I decided to check back the flop, but I think I would have preferred betting, looking back at it, because he could probably call with some straight draws (to which I have blockers) and maybe some ace high or 5x hands (which I think he is loose enough to have in his range). Villain was reasonably aggressive post flop though, so I suppose that's the reason I checked, because I didn't want to get check/raised off a decent hand.

The turn did complete the J9 and 96 draws, but I think he can bet some weaker hands like 9x and maybe even 7x here as well, so I decided to raise for value (he might call with straight draws here, I think). Maybe I should raise larger here? Or rather just call?

When he 3bet me though, I felt like he would have either the straight or some sort of draw. I think he is aggressive enough to be bluffing here from time to time. So I decided to call, getting pretty good odds.

The river felt a bit ugly, but I decided to bluff-catch here against his busted draws.

I definitely did not expect him to have this hand though :f_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Against a 60/30 opponent we could consider folding 87o but if you think you can outplay him I don't mind. I'd make it 3bb though.

I prefer cbetting on the flop.
      - We can get called by worse
      - We don't mind if he folds his K7 here
      - There are a lot of bad turn cards that will be bad and we will face a bad.
      So overall the aggressive play here would be better.

I'd raise more on the turn - quite a lot of draws and worse hands to call - $1.
      When he 3bets I like calling and planning to call most of the rivers.

The river is a blank and considering he could have worse two pair/top pair here, calling is fine.

Best,
      Plamen