BB wins $16.75 (net +$4.65)

Hero lost $5

Villain is 18/15, 3b 0%. 66hands
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gregor,

Similar to the KK hand you posted was there a specific reason why we just called? Are we afraid of him because he's not 3-bet in 60 hands?

Considering that we are 4 handed, BTN vS BB and that we min raised the BTN I can see him 3-betting a very wide range so I'd 4-bet here for pure value.

As played villain's bet sizing polarizes his range (in my opinion) to either flop slowplays or bluffy hands.

I can't see him betting that big with let's say a Kx preflop bluff like K9+. The only hand I can see him slowplay is maybe KK and occasionally AA so I would find it hard to fold (as played, unless we have some other reads on him). Because our hand looks a lot like a 3rd pair on the river based on how the action went and that we rarely have QQ+, AK in our range.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Yes this seems like a leak I have. Just seeing fairly tight looking opponent and shuting down and slowplaying.

What is your standard in these spots w AK+ QQ+? Just 4b broke? When do you you start adjusting? E.g. same case but villain is shoving same stats w 3b less than 5% over 200-300 hands?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Yes this seems like a leak I have. Just seeing fairly tight looking opponent and shuting down and slowplaying.

What is your standard in these spots w AK+ QQ+? Just 4b broke? When do you you start adjusting? E.g. same case but villain is shoving same stats w 3b less than 5% over 200-300 hands?
      Hi Gregor,

66 hands is a very small sample and we also have to look at all the other factors (# players, positions, raise sizes).

Remember that a big chunk of your profit from 4bet/calling 100bb deep comes from when villain folds (doesn't shove). So we collect a lot of dead money and we he shoves we have enough equity to call.

Even if villain had less say less than 5% 3-bet over 200-300 hands we still have all the other factors. We also then have to factor in our image/dynamic.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think that villain always has a strong hand here. Calling river seems spewy.

If he had pure air he would have CB the flop. This line is just never a bluff unless he has AQhh or something similar. So calling the turn and folding the river seems perfectly fine. He could also play JJ like that
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think if he has a tight range, jj just got there. His line is consostent with KK top set and JJ potcontrolled on flop. I could find a hero fold given our reads that he is tight.