This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl25, QQ

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($26.20) 105bb
      Hero (BTN) ($32.13) 129bb
      SB ($25.77) 103bb
      BB ($25) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 4 players) Hero is BTN Q Q
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: K 2 4 ($4.10, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: 8 ($4.10, 2 players)
      BB bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: J ($10.10, 2 players)
      BB bets $7.10, Hero folds

Final Pot: $10.10

BB wins $16.75 (net +$4.65)

Hero lost $5

Villain is 18/15, 3b 0%. 66hands
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gregor,

Similar to the KK hand you posted was there a specific reason why we just called? Are we afraid of him because he's not 3-bet in 60 hands?

Considering that we are 4 handed, BTN vS BB and that we min raised the BTN I can see him 3-betting a very wide range so I'd 4-bet here for pure value.

As played villain's bet sizing polarizes his range (in my opinion) to either flop slowplays or bluffy hands.

I can't see him betting that big with let's say a Kx preflop bluff like K9+. The only hand I can see him slowplay is maybe KK and occasionally AA so I would find it hard to fold (as played, unless we have some other reads on him). Because our hand looks a lot like a 3rd pair on the river based on how the action went and that we rarely have QQ+, AK in our range.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Yes this seems like a leak I have. Just seeing fairly tight looking opponent and shuting down and slowplaying.

What is your standard in these spots w AK+ QQ+? Just 4b broke? When do you you start adjusting? E.g. same case but villain is shoving same stats w 3b less than 5% over 200-300 hands?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Yes this seems like a leak I have. Just seeing fairly tight looking opponent and shuting down and slowplaying.

What is your standard in these spots w AK+ QQ+? Just 4b broke? When do you you start adjusting? E.g. same case but villain is shoving same stats w 3b less than 5% over 200-300 hands?
      Hi Gregor,

66 hands is a very small sample and we also have to look at all the other factors (# players, positions, raise sizes).

Remember that a big chunk of your profit from 4bet/calling 100bb deep comes from when villain folds (doesn't shove). So we collect a lot of dead money and we he shoves we have enough equity to call.

Even if villain had less say less than 5% 3-bet over 200-300 hands we still have all the other factors. We also then have to factor in our image/dynamic.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think that villain always has a strong hand here. Calling river seems spewy.

If he had pure air he would have CB the flop. This line is just never a bluff unless he has AQhh or something similar. So calling the turn and folding the river seems perfectly fine. He could also play JJ like that
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think if he has a tight range, jj just got there. His line is consostent with KK top set and JJ potcontrolled on flop. I could find a hero fold given our reads that he is tight.