Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.16)
      Hero ($4.33)
      UTG ($0.34)
      CO ($4.12)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: J:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.34) 4:spade: Q:spade: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22

TURN ($0.78) 4:spade: Q:spade: A:heart: T:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.39, Hero calls $0.39

RIVER ($1.56) 4:spade: Q:spade: A:heart: T:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.56, Hero calls $1.56

(Result removed to not impact judgement)

I only had about 15 hands with villain, so stats are not worth much, though I felt he was abit loose preflop, calling alot. Postflop is hard to say because of lack of hands played.

Villain has pretty big range, raising 2,5bb from CO to harass blinds.
      Re-raise 3bb+1, a pretty standard, maybe small, raise with AJo vs villain.

C-bet to make draws pay
      His call tells me he has a range like "AX, KX, XsXs, QT+,TT+"

The size of the pot is scaring me. I think I should keep betting instead of checking here, even though many of his draws now completed or expanded. I decided to go with a check-call to get value from "QK, JT" type hands.

I check for the same reason, and he potsizes me. I call because I felt that he would bet like this with "TT+,A2s+,KJs+,Q6s+,ATo+,KJo+,Q9o+,JTo" I ran this in the Equilab, giving me 57 % equity.
      Should I make a more pessimistic range?
      Like this:
      Gives me 42 % equity for a 33 % pot odds call
      I look forward to seing your take on this!

PS: I haven't posted many hands, so any feedback on how to make my posts better/easier/more informative is also greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
  • 2 replies
    • mbml

Preflop: He raised to 2.5BB. I'm not sure why you are using such a sizing. If you want to 3bet him make it 35-40c at the very least.

As played, I think bet F bet T c/c R is fine. Tons of draws on the Turn and on the river all the draws missed.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      I personally think the pf 3bet is too small. It doesn't do anything but bloat the pot for you being out of position. $0.06 more to call is not getting you any fold equity and is just setting you up to play in an awkward spot. I'd bet more like $0.30 if you're attempting a re-steal.

Your flop bet is maybe a little small for protecting on such a wet board.

I don't understand why you let up on the turn. You are getting value from the range of hands you listed, and you still need to protect against flush draws and straight draws...

The river bet from the opponent is hard to put him on a hand with since you opened his range by checking the turn (made it less discernable to see what he's calling down with). I think it is such a large bet, that without a history with the villain, I would fold.