SNG Sites

• kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

After a really good downswing at Cash Tables I felt to US$6,00 so I've decided to comeback to SNGs, (I was a little reg at the $3,5 6max turbo) so I moved to FTP with my little BankRoll and know I have at least US$13,50. Well, if I win enough bankroll to cashout and reinvest on another site, or if I loose all my bankroll at FTP (considering that I only have 13 of the 50 suggested buy ins is pretty easy to go broke on a downswing) on any of both cases I will look to reinvest on SNGs at another site.

So, which are the sites with more traffic at SNGs? I know that Pokerstars and FullTiltPoker are good enough for this but I really want to use some bonus, so I need more sites. So, thanks in advance
  • 8 replies
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      i would like to know same thingy, but considering flat rakeback or soft vip program for micros so i get at least SOME rake back, not some bullshit <5%
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I never played anywhere apart from Party, but I don't really like it, if it makes sense :)

The software is great, some nice promotions, but at least at $1 buy-ins it might be difficult to find 2 or more full ring SNG tables to play at the same time, plus the rake is 15% :f_eek: I know nothing about rakes either, but 15% seems like A LOT.

Regarding rake back, as far as I'm concerned, you can accumulate Party Points and then spend them all together to get increasingly higher %-ge (up to 50% back as a bonus or 33.3% back in cash). You need to be playing higher than micro-limits though, otherwise it will take ages (literally I'm afraid).
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      if you are looking for volume then stars is the best
      If you are looking for fishiness then ipoker is the best
      I dont like ipokers blind structure though

Have never played on party so dont know about that
    • aftrglw
      aftrglw
      Basic
      Stars has a lot of volume but if you're looking to play 1 table SnGs the lowest limit they have is 1.50, more than a 5th of which goes to rake. Never played on ipoker, but the players are definitely better at Stars... but it's still beatable. I only play SnGs on Stars now and doubled my bankroll in a few days with them. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably try and conquer the 45-180m SnGs first, because your bankroll probably can't handle a major downswing. I lost more than 15 USD in 1.50 SNGs last night narrowly missing the bubble even though I was well ahead or flipping on every shove

Anyway, I also prefer SH micro SnGs but since your bankroll is not very strong I'd consider trying the 25c 45 man and the 10c 360 man turbos. I haven't tried them too much, played one of each today and the 180 in particular seems easily beatable if you're not completely poker retarded (which if you're profitably playing 3.50s you shouldn't be). In the 360 we were closing in on the button in no time (36 spots paid)... 3/4 of the field was gone before the blinds were really making a dent on starting stacks. Best of all, the top spot pays out about 10 bucks, so you only need to win or make decent cashes in a couple before you can go back to single table SnGs. The 45s are a bit harder but they're not turbos, so there's a lot of room for people who aren't that serious to make mistakes and the top spot pays out close to 4 dollars. Additionally, if you're used to playing sixhanded you'll have a definite advantage once you start running deep. I thought I was going to be lucky to min cash in the 45 because I made a loose play, became short stacked, and the big stacks seemed to know how to effectively use their stacks to keep me short. But once we became three handed it quickly became evident they didn't know how to play short-handed and I managed to climb up to first. Point being, I'd start playing micro MTTs (which are easily beatable) to build your bankroll up a bit before moving to SH SnGs to give you a bit of insulation from downswings.

As for rakeback, on Stars you get FPPs (Frequent Player Points) which you can exchange for cash, use to buy things from the shop or use for satellites. I used mine to get a few free spots in some of the MicroMillions events via the satellites. They can be a decent safety net for you bankroll if you have enough of them...
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I've just played a hand that might make you chose Party over Stars.

I went quickly downstairs to grab some coffee, then came up, saw 4 seconds of time pool left, saw my hole QQ, and without much looking at all this mess on my little screen I pushed on the last second. Then I looked closer to "the mess", freaked out... well, see for yourself:

Hero (BB): 2,000 (33.3 bb)
      SB: 1,940 (32.3 bb)
      BTN: 3,120 (52 bb)
      MP2: 1,100 (18.3 bb)
      UTG+2: 6,280 (104.7 bb)
      MP3: 1,660 (27.7 bb)
      CO: 1,940 (32.3 bb)
      MP1: 1,960 (32.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      UTG+2 raises to 180, MP1 raises to 600, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to 1,660 and is all-in, 3 folds, Hero raises to 2,000 and is all-in, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls 1,360 and is all-in

Flop: (5,790) 2 A 6 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      Turn: (5,790) 5 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      River: (5,790) 3 (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results: 5,790 pot
      Final Board: 2 A 6 5 3
      Hero showed Q Q and won 5,790 (3,830 net)
      MP3 showed J J and lost (-1,660 net)
      MP1 showed 8 8 and lost (-1,960 net)

Yes, on Party Poker, players call a full stack after four re-raises with 88 and JJ. Think about it :f_cool:
    • igotBAWS
      igotBAWS
      Bronze
      Well, after reading this about stars...i might just check out how badly they are truely..

So now about something a little bit more constructive. I am a new player (as you see, first post) and somehow chose 888. As you probably know, on 888 u get 2$ and 6 tickets for 1$ buy-ins. As a bad new player, i lost all 2$ in like 100 hands. But well, im still trying to learn and get better. So i was kinda sad and just went straight for a tournament (cam tours <3). First MTT i have ever played, and guess what.. i got 9$ out of it (place 8 or something). And i even didnt try at all (nor that i have read the strategy mtt posts/videos).

So in conclusion, after that, i have played more sng + mtt; and to get your mnoney back from the entrence fee isnt that hard on 888poker.

I hope i helped you a little bit, if not...sorry :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

You should each check out the link below :)

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      I'm also interested in this...

basically from my research this is how it goes
      Poekrstars :
      Lots of traffic, lots of regs, lots of SNGs
      Good software, multitable easy

Fulltilt : Same thing as pokerstars but with less traffic nowadays.

Party Poker
      Ugly software, blinds too fast and weird structure, lots of fishes, traffic not constant

Everything else has very very low traffic on SNG and you will need to mix MTT/Cash game to play enough.