[NL2-NL10] KJs nl10sh

• confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello, i dont have any other info about hese players. Just thatthey post blinds.
      I am caling here as i have seen that fishes can raise their posted blinds here really wide, plus my hand plays ok IP.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (SB): $10.25 (102.5 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K J
      MP posts BB OOP, CO posts BB OOP, MP raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.55, BB folds

Flop: ($1.40) K 2 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.33, Hero calls $1.33

Turn: ($4.06) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($4.06) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP raises to $8.07 and is all-in, Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi confidant,

PF: Ok, not thrilled about it but I Think your hand is somewhat playable. I think 3betting and folding are always going to be options. You are in SB and that sucks really hard, the raise size is also really hug.

Given that you have no reads I actually prefer 3betting to 1.60.

R:: I have no idea. He represents mostly AA and sometimes QJ, perhaps 22 or AK being slowplayed? Could he ever take this line as a bluff? I suppose so.

I want to say fold now, but I don't know if I would do that in-game. His line just doesn't make too much sense to me and we have a King. I don't think he has too many KX hands which he raise preflop that are worse than ours IMO. KQ KT AK all beats us.

But without any reads, I suppose we can fold KJ which is pretty much at the bottom of our value betting range (how often do we even have non KX here?). KQ could be a closer decision, maybe a call?
    • Flaag6789
      Flaag6789
      Bronze
      PREFLOP
      Fold; you're OOP without initiative.

FLOP
      Check/Call; 3-of-a-kind is pretty much the nuts on a dry board, slowplaying is a good decision.

TURN
      Bet; flush/straight draws, you can't risk to give the Villain a free card.

RIVER
      Bet/Call; if he had Kx or AA he would bet on the turn for protection. QJ is in his range, but there are a lot more cards in his range that you beat. IMO, it's a bluff.