This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom AQs

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $4.43 (88.6 bb)
      BB: $2.98 (59.6 bb)
      UTG: $5.60 (112 bb)
      Hero (MP): $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.51 (130.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO folds, BTN calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) A 7 J (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.40, BB folds

Turn: ($1.40) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.05, SB folds

Results:
      $1.40 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: A 7 J J
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.55 net)
      Hero mucked Q A and won $1.34 ($0.79 net)

Sb Villain is 32/11/10 over 19 hands.

Flop: I bet 2/3 pot for value against weaker hands. Will bet closer to pot-size if flop is more drawy.

Turn: The second J is not very good, but I figure I can still get value from worse Ax and play bet/fold. I bet around 3/4 because I intend to X behind on River for free showdown.

2 Questions:

a) Alternatively, I can bet smaller on Turn and also smaller on River playing bet/fold each street, but will that be a better play?

b) I played 2 previous hands against Villain where I was the PF Aggressor. One IP and the other OOP where I basically gave up initiative and he bet and I folded. I was thinking if I should X Turn and try to let him bet his weaker Ax or even try bluffing on the River? But I can't control his bet-sizing then.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine of course.

Your flop bet is fine and if we get raises we should fold.

Betting turn is fine against this player since I don't really expect him to fold Ax here.
      You could bet like $0.9 here in my opinion.

a) Alternatively, I can bet smaller on Turn and also smaller on River playing bet/fold each street, but will that be a better play?
      Considering that villain looks like a calling station you could go for 1/3 on the river.

I played 2 previous hands against Villain where I was the PF Aggressor. One IP and the other OOP where I basically gave up initiative and he bet and I folded. I was thinking if I should X Turn and try to let him bet his weaker Ax or even try bluffing on the River? But I can't control his bet-sizing then.
      I don't like it really. It's always easier to bet yourself, than to call since you choose the bet size. Also we could miss some value out of his weaker Ax so I don't really like the idea of checking with the intention of calling a bet.

Best,
      Plamen