This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom 99s

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.60 (112 bb)
      SB: $5.90 (118 bb)
      Hero (BB): $7.04 (140.8 bb)
      UTG: $18.84 (376.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $4.05 (81 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 9
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 8 4 T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.62) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.22) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $1.22 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 8 4 T T A
      BTN showed 8 A and won $1.17 ($0.57 net)
      Hero showed 9 9 and lost (-$0.60 net)

Flop: I X/C against his 1/2 pot bet as he might have 8x and Flush Draws which I beat.

Turn: Td makes him less likely to have a T. When he bets small again, I am fairly confident I have the best hand. I really felt like raising to take the pot down there and then as any broadway or spade card will make me really uncomfortable. But I also do not want to inflate the pot w such a mediorce hand and especially OOP. He might fold his one pairs but will definitely still call his Flush Draws.

River: A is a bad card as even A4, A8 which I used to beat now beats me. Also losing to any Ax. Playing X/Fold.

Not thinking about his hand specifically, but rather his range, was it the best way to play this hand? The Turn was very difficult to play.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling is fine.

Check/calling the flop is quite standard here. He can have worse pairs/draws/random hands so nothing much to comment on here I think.

Check/calling the turn is good too.
      No point in raising just because we don't want to face a 3bet, also if we get called we will have a hard time playing on the river.
      My plan will be to get to SD as cheap as possible here.

Checking with the intention to check/fold the river is fine.

Best,
      Plamen