Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.20)
      BB ($5.76)
      UTG ($8.79)
      CO ($6.44)
      BTN ($9.39)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BB raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.10, BB raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $5.20 (AI), fold

Hero shows J:diamond: A:spade:

Hero wins $5

Probably mistake since he was pretty much pot commited but i just got a feeling he does it for bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: how did you get this feeling? People like to trap with these small 5bets.

Considering he put half his stack in he is committed with almost any 2 cards. He needs 25% equity there to call.

However, I'd personally fold there without this type of info.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I saw him shove before for value, for what it's worth, plus he tries to defend loose against me.

5bet is a pretty bad trap, if we think about it 4bet keeps my range "loose(bluff 4bets)" or just push against me that works too with his value without risking that i fold on certain flops with my value hands and i may call looser, but only thing 5bet achives with 100bb stack that it commits you to the pot also has the power of a shove.

What he was doing was not making any sense, felt he was trying to fold my bluffs and dodge my value in which 5bet/fold would make perfect sense expect for the pot committing part which he may not be aware of.

If he actually abusing his image to sell me this story then grats to him for sure
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I saw him shove before for value, for what it's worth, plus he tries to defend loose against me.

5bet is a pretty bad trap, if we think about it 4bet keeps my range "loose(bluff 4bets)" or just push against me that works too with his value without risking that i fold on certain flops with my value hands and i may call looser, but only thing 5bet achives with 100bb stack that it commits you to the pot also has the power of a shove.

What he was doing was not making any sense, felt he was trying to fold my bluffs and dodge my value in which 5bet/fold would make perfect sense expect for the pot committing part which he may not be aware of.

If he actually abusing his image to sell me this story then grats to him for sure
      While this could be true villain commits himself with almost every hand.

In this case he either had 72o (or a garbage hand - 72o has 20% equity versus JJ+, AK) or he just doesn't know how much equity his hand has.

Either way, without first seeing him capable of this, I'd still fold because I'd assume we have close to 0 FE.