SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 4:club: 4:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 8:club: 8:diamond: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.40, fold

Hero wins $3.22

Villain is 31/29 over 100 hands and very aggressive post flop.

Against an aggressive player I certainly wasn't planning on folding. I figured I'd just call on the flop to let him potentially catch up a little if he didn't have anything yet. On the turn I just wanted to get money in the middle, and figured the best way to do so was to go for a check/raise. That way he could at least bluff if he had nothing, whereas he would probably fold if I would just bet myself, and maybe I could get some more value out of his made hands.

So when I raise here, should I raise any bigger? Or should I take a different line rather than check/raising?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Considering that we would most likely stack off versus him if he has a 8x or better (anyway) we have to look at how we can maximize value against his other hands.

So on the turn, I don't even mind calling again to let him continue bluffing. He will most likely bluff the river a lot and since he is aggressive we know he'd bet any 8x, Kx type hands and at that point we can raise (and as mentioned, against those hands we get the money almost always anyway).

Now if he was a passive guy that may not bluff river with missed draws (which he can have a lot on the turn) then I want to raise turn to get value from these draws that would otherwise put no more money in (unless they hit).
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi, i would play exactly same line. On turn he can reshove his draws Kx hands so i thing that it is good plan to get it in on turn.