[NL2-NL10] NL25: turnplay, a set, a possible flush, and a deepstack

• Philipvw
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) T:spade: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2,50, SB folds, BB calls $2,50.

Turn: ($8,00) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4,50, BB calls $4,50.

River: ($17,00) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $14, BB folds.

Final Pot: $31,00

So, the turn, check behind? Or bet/fold (or offcourse call if i can draw profitable considering the stacks.)

If the river was a blank. What kind of bets can i call?
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      Turn depends given your history, both are fine imo. Bet to protect or check-behind for pot control. If you bet, you have to bet a protective amount though.

The river, it again depends. I'd say on average any bet below potsize are callable if you have no reads.
    • Tosh5457
      On the turn I'd bet like the value of the pot, something like $6 or $7. You could get 2 things with this: If he already had his flush, he'd probably call/bet river or raise on the turn. And of course, you were protecting against another :spade: .
    • Kaitz20
      With these stacks I´m going to bet/call turn, since if he has flush, then I might get his whole stack it board pairs.
      If river is blank and he bets pot into you then it is very difficult decision. But that would probably never happen- he would go c/r turnas you´re deep, so he might just hit his set and I´d call.