This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25: turnplay, a set, a possible flush, and a deepstack

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BB:
      $66,78
      Hero:
      $56,91
      MP3:
      $25,10
      CO:
      $11,78
      SB:
      $9

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) T:spade: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2,50, SB folds, BB calls $2,50.

Turn: ($8,00) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4,50, BB calls $4,50.

River: ($17,00) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $14, BB folds.

Final Pot: $31,00

So, the turn, check behind? Or bet/fold (or offcourse call if i can draw profitable considering the stacks.)

If the river was a blank. What kind of bets can i call?
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Turn depends given your history, both are fine imo. Bet to protect or check-behind for pot control. If you bet, you have to bet a protective amount though.

The river, it again depends. I'd say on average any bet below potsize are callable if you have no reads.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      On the turn I'd bet like the value of the pot, something like $6 or $7. You could get 2 things with this: If he already had his flush, he'd probably call/bet river or raise on the turn. And of course, you were protecting against another :spade: .
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      With these stacks I´m going to bet/call turn, since if he has flush, then I might get his whole stack it board pairs.
      If river is blank and he bets pot into you then it is very difficult decision. But that would probably never happen- he would go c/r turnas you´re deep, so he might just hit his set and I´d call.