NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.66)
      BB ($5.07)
      UTG ($5.36)
      UTG+1 ($5.58)
      CO ($5.12)
      BTN ($5.46)

Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:spade:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.30) 7:club: A:spade: 6:spade:

Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $2.15, Hero raises to $5.06 (AI), BTN folds

Hero shows A:club: Q:spade:

Hero wins $5.37

ok this is some kind of reg he 4 bets some part of his range ( value range AK QQ+ ) and he calls some part of his range ( TT - JJ , some big aces and big suited connectors )

also i abused him alot with 3bets/4bets / cbets/ barrels

ok so my question it's this:

i now that a shove here is + ev because he will fold alot but a if i just called here can i assume that he will stack off on the turn? also if the flush hits i'm haveing a hard time calling because the flush draw is in his raiseing range as a semibluff, also i\m not sure about hands like TT JJ if he will stack of on the turn
  • 11 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I'm not sure whether i like your 3bet. He isoraised UTG and he did not open from BU. So this is going to change things quite a bit. You guys are also deep and I don't really want to 3bet this hand if I cannot 5bet it profitably.

Unless you have some really crazy dynamic that allows you to jam 130bb with AQo (i seriously doubt it) or you expect him just to call with a ton of worse (which means he must always call KQ AJ AT KJ), I don't think you should be 3betting this for value.

As played, I don't think you can fold in such a huge pot and we assume he 4bets AK a lot of the time. I don't see any point in calling when he makes such a huge raise so I assume he is going with his hand a lot of the time, so I 3bet and hope he has a draw or AJ which we are ahead of.
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      Then how do you suggest to play AQ AJ AK KQ ATs form the SB in this situation? if i flat i\m out of position with no initiative and if i don't hit it's hard to do anything, to fold it's a bit to nitty i think
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well AK depends on the situation but I may 3bet it a lot of the time. As for the other hands I would call unless BB is a huge aggro guy.

If you think BU's range is really wide, you can continue on so many flops even if you do not hit. You can bluff raise coordinated flops if he cbets too often. Or you can c/c on dry paired low boards like 552.

No one said you have to fold when you miss, especially when you have 2 overcards with a hand like AQ most of the time.
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      ok, so we have AQ AJ KQ AT

boards: one brodway card: K76 - we can bluff raise
      two brodway cards: KT8 - some check call with showdown value some bluff raise
      with gutshots
      3 brodway: - nice boards for us
      0 brodway: 962 call and bluf raise
      coordonate boards: 789 same as 0 brodway
      suited boards: call with FD or better
      2 suited boards: Ks7s6o well we can't bluff raise since we might getting called with FD
      TTT: call / evaluate on the turn
      992: call/ raise turn , or bluff raise

this is my moves when call out of position , how it's your view over this hands?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      With gutshots i float or raise a lot .

On KXX dry boards i may float oop if i had something like AQs with backdoor draws. If i domt have backdoor flsuh draw i just fold flop.

Rest of ur plan could be reasonable options but are highly dependent om opponent type.
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      ok so if you have backdoor flush draw on a K72 board an the turn it's a 5 who makes you a flush draw you bet again? what do you do when you got raised . and what do you do on the river when you missed?

regarding 3bet range in this situation it means that we have a polarized range here? something like AK QQ+ and trash?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yes 3b range is pokarized. We arent 3b ing too often in these positions anyway so i see no reason to 3b a merged range.

On K72 r if we cc flop of cos we chk turn again. If he bets we can then raise turn. If not then just bluff river.
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      it's NL5 man
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I'm just offering some suggestions on how to play the hand. Nowhere did I specify that you have to take this line all the time, of course with every spot in poker, it depends.

all my comments are directed towards offering you suggestions. You did not provide any specific read on your opponent so I am telling you what you could potentially do against a random opponent.

of cos if someone doesn't cbet air at all (super low flop cbet of 40-50%), i just c/f my AQ if I miss. It doesn't mean that you have to fight back vs cbets all the time. It could be that he just gives up on many flops and we can just bluff the Turn a lot of the time. This could be a possible way to exploit our opponent.

Or if he only bets Flop with a lot of air and then has super low Turn cbet of 20%, if he barrels the KXX board again and we do pick up a flush draw, I would not raise because he never folds. So my options are to c/c or c/f. I don't mind c/c and then c/r river or leading river if i hit vs such a guy.

"It's nl5 man"

regarding this comment, I think it's completely irrelevant. You know nothing about your opponent and you want to 3bet AQ when it's clearly strong enough to call, and it will be ugly if we are faced with a 4bet. Sure people don't 4bet too light at nl5, but do people really call with a ton of worse? We are against an unknown so we do not know.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Helllo,

I think Galvin is wrong in this spot with preflop play. At NL5 what people do is call too light. This means our gameplan is to value town everyone as much as possible. AQ might seem thin if some reg isos UTG from BU but at NL5 it's just a slam dunk 3bet for value. Regs call too much anyway, don't 4bet bluff almost at all (easy to tell if they are and readjust) so we get called by worse quite often, almost never bluff 4bet and we take it down preflop OOP as well sometimes which is also great.

We are also OOP so we should already consider depolarizing our 3betting range. People don't 4bet/fold as much when playing IP so when they start calling we should depolarize our range. AQ is the no.1 hand to include since it's the best apart from premiums imo.

We have players that tend to call in positions they also like calling (being IP) so the 3bet is definitely good and better than flatting than taking it multiway with an offsuit hand OOP.

Calling should also be +EV but I don't think it's as good as 3betting. Regarding postflop advice, again I disagree with it because it's for someone playing NL5 where people have different tendencies than NL100+ and Hero is also a NL5 player that needs to learn range construction better before floating OOP to check/raise turns.
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      i tell my thinking over his range's and i try to understand yours , so please don't be offended , i'm just trying to aply what you tell that's why i remind you that it's NL5.

so i tell you in the begging of this thread his 4bet and his call 3 bet tendencies in my opinion.
      " 4 bets some part of his range ( value range AK QQ+ ) and he calls some part of his range ( TT - JJ , some big aces and big suited connectors ) "

so for me AQ here it's like 25s because i can cbet a ton's of boards i win the hand. of corse since this opponent it's a reg he saw me doing this alot or maybe i did it to him as well a few times . so having AQ it's a bonus because he will never belive my cbet and will try to bluff raise or to turn his showdown value hand in to a bluff, and that's how i win big here. In my opinion the "reg's" will rarely change his 3bet calling range by adding premium hands like KK or change his 4 betting range by adding bluffs