Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $51.60 (103.2 bb)
      BB: $166.93 (333.9 bb)
      MP: $109.60 (219.2 bb)
      CO: $61.78 (123.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
      MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6.50, BB folds, MP calls $5, BTN folds

Flop: ($15) K 5 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

Turn: ($32) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $94.60 and is all-in, Hero folds

Anon table.

MP played 19/19 after 50 hands.
      BTN seemed like a TAG on small sample.

Preflop I didnt want to call with KQo oop, so I went for the squeeze. Folding also seems like a good option though... :)
      Postflop? Cbet/fold?
      If I start ch/calling, should I just call him down? Basically AK/99/55/A:cX, some slowplayed AA/KK are all that beat me.
      On the other hand I dont know if he is capable of bluffing with something like a lone A in this spot...
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      This is one of the hands in which regardless of what you do, you don't make much profit imo. I think villain is unlikely to have AK and AA since he would probably 4bet those preflop a very very high percentage of the time.

I would be mostly worried about 99 but that's just 3 combinations. Given the board I would lean towards cbetting 10 and shoving turn. Yes, he has flushes on that turn sometims but he also have JJ with clubs, TT, Kx and you have Kc for a redraw. I don't like checking flop here unless you plan to include this hand in a check/raising range. It just has so much equity against his range imo.

What else do you check as PFR here on the flop? Basically, if this is the best hand you play like this, it's kind of a must call. If villain shows up with too many better hands that yours when you check, you can think about cbetting less often here or just never checking the flop because otherwise one of your ranges (cbet range or checking range) might become too weak and you just lose money automatically.

As played, do you think he could have a hand like QJ with a club, JT with a club?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      As played, do you think he could have a hand like QJ with a club, JT with a club?
      Unfortunately I have very limited info on him, but yeah, as I showed weakness with my postflop line, he could definitely have semibluffs in his range as well.
      As I see now it's quite a big leak in my game, that I take passive lines as pfa sometimes, which is not bad ofc, but then dont really take into account what this could induce from Villain... :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I think KQ is almost the same as AK, given that we expect AK to 4bet preflop here a lot. As such I would play KQ in the exact same way (which is to bet and bet and bet on blank runouts).

as played when you under-rep your hand so much you must always call here unless you think you are never getting bluffed (no evidence leads me to believe that)