This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AQ 3bet pot turn

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $49.25
      MP2:
      $66.37
      MP3 (Hero):
      $48.50
      CO:
      $37.30
      BU:
      $83.74
      SB:
      $52.25

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BB raises to $4.75, Hero calls $3.25.

Flop: ($9.75) A, 2, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($18.75) 7 (1 players)
      BB bets $13.50

Villain 1.6k hands (I had a lot less hands at the time)
      22/17/7
      3bet BB 11%
      3bet vs open MP 6%
      cbet in 3bet pot 88% (8)
      cbet turn 50% (4)
      WTSD 26%
      WWSF 47%
      Agg freq 31/43/38

It was beggining of session, no dynamics.
  • 5 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      U can fold this vs 6% 3bet, it's pretty close. When u called this prefop, folding on the turn is out of question. So u can call or jam. I usually call here and calling almost any river as well. I might fold some heart rivers sometimes, like Jh, 9h, 6h is pretty bad because it completes some other random draws besides flush. If u think he will call u with most of his draws, just jam. If he can have some weaker aces here, jam as well.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      U can fold this vs 6% 3bet, it's pretty close. When u called this prefop, folding on the turn is out of question. So u can call or jam. I usually call here and calling almost any river as well. I might fold some heart rivers sometimes, like Jh, 9h, 6h is pretty bad because it completes some other random draws besides flush. If u think he will call u with most of his draws, just jam. If he can have some weaker aces here, jam as well.
      When I'm deciding if I should call or jam I make a quick calculation of stacks and pot on river. In this case we would have a ~45$ pot and 26.50$ effective stack so I think it's less likely he would bluff me on river in the sense that he would think that I'm commited on river. What do you think of my thoughts?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      $26.50 into $46 is pretty common sizing in 3bet pots. It's around 60% and u get stacks in by betting 60% all streets with standard sizings preflop. So he shouldn't think that way. I agree that they will bluff jam very rarely @nl50, but calling turn and then folding to blank river is pretty bad with this hand in almost any case, unless u have some sick read that he never bluffs or something like that. U will end up against AK very often, but remember, u have to win only 1 out of 4 times or something like that.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      $26.50 into $46 is pretty common sizing in 3bet pots. It's around 60% and u get stacks in by betting 60% all streets with standard sizings preflop. So he shouldn't think that way. I agree that they will bluff jam very rarely @nl50, but calling turn and then folding to blank river is pretty bad with this hand in almost any case, unless u have some sick read that he never bluffs or something like that. U will end up against AK very often, but remember, u have to win only 1 out of 4 times or something like that.
      Yeah, I think you're right. Anyways, I jammed turn and he snap called A7.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      I agree it is very hard to fold turn, but considering he is betting so large on A high board (I think he thought you have flush draw, and wanted to protect). I think fold is good on turn in NL50. From my experience, almost nobody is bluffing on A high board in 3bet pots 2 times. And almost nobody bets so large with weaker than AQ. So, I think in best case you can split.