This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aqo overbet shove river

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.48) 55bb
      UTG+1 ($10.65) 107bb
      cozacu (CO) ($11.81) 118bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($8.72) 87bb
      BB ($10.15) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is CO A:club: Q:heart:
      UTG checks, 1 fold, cozacu raises to $0.40, 1 fold, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: 3:spade: 2:club: 8:club: ($1.15, 3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, cozacu checks

Turn: A:spade: ($1.15, 3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.20, cozacu raises to $1, SB folds, UTG calls $0.80

River: 3:diamond: ($2.95, 2 players)
      UTG checks, cozacu goes all-in $10.41, UTG goes all-in $4.08

Table Anonymous, villain was a fish, considered fish because of stack size + limp plus some 38/20 stats

Was my my overbet shove river too greedy? I wanted to go for max value, and i expected him to call with almost any AX, any monster would have probably re`raised the turn.

Was river decision good or greedy? I figured that a 2euro bet would have to come with a call because the stack/pot size ratio.

How would have you played the river?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cozacu,

Preflop: looks good

Flop: backdoor flush, 2 overcards, low cards on the flop = cbet for me, even 3 way (we have many turn cards we can fire).

Turn: As played raising for value is good here. Lot's of draws and worse Ax/pairs that can call. I an see us making it even larger so we don't overbet the river too much.

River: If we make it larger on the turn we can shove river closer to a PSB and that's my favorite line.

Even as played I'd still shove. Lot's worse can call.