Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($8.44)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($9.30)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($5.58)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, BTN calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.05) Q:heart: J:diamond: J:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($1.05) Q:heart: J:diamond: J:spade: 9:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.05, Hero folds

BTN wins $0.98

I don't really feel comfortable playing lags, especially oop

I could give up the board or "fake"(don't expect a fold, just for show) cbet and check push turn when he attacks it

We must consider his range his over 54% and he folds 62% of that ~32%, cbetting once then giving up is going to be extremely -ev
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks good

Flop: When you say "We must consider his range his over 54% and he folds 62% of that ~32%, cbetting once then giving up is going to be extremely -ev " that's not entirely true. First that fold to 3-bet is over a small sample, second that's over every position.

You have stats in HM that show you fold to 3-bet while on the BTN. But again you need a better sample size.

As played we are check folding. We could consider ck/raising as a semibluff because he bets often in position however that's not in 3-bet pots.

Considering that we took initiative here preflop and this flop hits our 3-bet range (high cards/pairs) why can't we bet fold? Even a looser guy will still fold a lot of hands here. And if you really think he floats light fire two streets.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I am not sure even 2 street would do it, looking at his wwsf and w$sd we can see he is pretty damn committed with his bluffs which is awesome when i have a hand especially ip but not now.

It might work with his wtsd 25 but i feel we are just guessing, over a small sample he is not the biggest fan of folding the turn either but definitely worth considering.

What if suspect the villian might double float, (maybe not true for him) but oop checking the river it pretty much dead giveaway.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If you are not sure two streets would do it how about the ck/raise on the flop? it's definitely cheaper than 3 barrel bluffs and it should bring you a lot of FE.

I don't want to suspect villain is double floating, I'd like to know because investing a lot of money on small "guesses" will cost us a lot.

But let's say we knew he double floats hands like weak pairs then we can consider 3-barreling. But these type of players usually call all 3 streets anyway.