$60.23
      MP3:
      $50.00
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU (Hero):
      $52.83

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.12, SB raises to $4.24, BB folds, Hero calls $3.12.

Flop: ($8.98) 6, Q, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.00, Hero raises to $14.00, SB calls $8.00.

Turn: ($36.98) 5 (1 players)
      SB checks

Villain 403 hands
      25/22/8.8
      WTSD 22%
      WWSF 58%
      cbet flop 60% (4 in 4 in 3bet pot)

I'm not sure about any street... PF, my move on flop, if the size was correct or whether I should continue turn. I think his range on flop is Qx and K or A of spades.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Preflop is fine. Your AJs is definitely good enough to defend IP here. I don't like your postflop play though.

His flop cbet is average with somewhat higher aggression in 3bet pot in these hands you have. I do agree you have to play back at him at one point BUT have that extra bit of equity. With your AJ you are drawing dead here. On a monotone board I haven't even considered having a raising range IP but if you don want one I assume a hand like KJ with Js would be one of the reasonable pics. Basically, hands that cannot widthstand pressure on the following streets but have reasonable equity/blockers and make your opponent fold often enough. If you have KJ your opponent now has less KK, QJ, KQ and flush combos that can shove against you. While if you have AJs he has less 3 less AA combos but can still have all flushes and pair + flush combos that don't fold.

I think the sizing is good if you want to be able to raise/fold but like I said, I think your hand selection isn't good here AND I think monotone boards are some that play better calling IP than raising. I might be wrong about the last thing but thinking of how most people cbet quite a polarized range there, raising when IP only makes your opponent fold his air and shove/call the nuts.

You can create a range to raise there obviously, but then I think you have to include some flushes and one card flushdraws that raise/call (or shove) and you see it just helps the guy OOP get over quickly with the hand.

Play position as much as possible, on as many streets as possible. The more you play in position the more you profit!