This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The grind

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      THREAD CLOSED MADE A NEW ONE :P called the chris furgeson challenge if you want to have a butchers.

After getting the $50's from pokerstrategy free of change I played my game pretty well using the articles on pokerstrategy about sng's one thing I didnt pay attention too was probably the most IMPORTANT ONE
      BANKROLL MANAGEMENT. after playing sng's of varing amounts from $1-25 i found my bank roll at a measly $12. I asked myself what have i been doing! I thought id start this blog to keep track of my daily progress post some sample hands to look at and have a look at some graphs.

Anyways im a 19 yr old guy from the uk, kent to be specific and have only been playing poker for 3 months now so yes im still a rookie. I have a part time job in the weekends at a cafe and go to college during the week. Other than my new found hobby poker i also like to play the cricket and the guitar.
  • 4 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      For now as my bankroll is soo low I will be using the sss on nl $0.05/0.10 until i get enough for 30 ss bi for nl $0.10/0.20 which is $120 at the start of this blogg i only have 6 buyins for this sss but unfortunatly this is pretty much the lowest i can go :P .
      I will be playing on partpoker under the name jlhmackenzie.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      hey there jmackenzie,

Good luck on getting back to a level where you can actually apply BRM (since 6 stack SSS can easily lead you to go broke with the high variance it has). Depending on what site you are playing at - low level SNGs might even be the better choice to re-build your bankroll.

As soon as you have built a proper bankroll for BRM again - be sure to follow it :) You can also use our TAF system (see my signature) to get your BR back on track.

Good luck at the tables - and be sure to read articles, watch videos and to post hands :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      it seems that soy can tell the future as i lost all 6 bi in 2 days. After this downswing of now becoming completly bankrupt :( i decided to start the chris furgeson challenge to get money starting with $0 on fulltilt poker. Wish me luck :P
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      after 1 week of fulltilt freerolls i finally made my first cash in coming 7th place to cash in $4. Now i have a problem of keeping a bankroll without going bankrupt and am currently playing the turbo $1 9 people sitngoes if anyone has some advice of ways to get the best chance of building a manageable bankroll on fulltilt please state :P thx.

$1 turbo sitngoes
      games played:8
      1st- 1 times
      2nd-3 times
      3rd-0 times
      4th-9th-4 times

after speaking to a poker playing friend ive decided to play the $1 90 people double stacked tournement on fulltilt as you can get itm without playing a single hand!

$1 double stack 90 people mtt
      games played:2
      4th 1 time
      14th 1 time

current bankroll $13.38