The grind

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      THREAD CLOSED MADE A NEW ONE :P called the chris furgeson challenge if you want to have a butchers.

After getting the $50's from pokerstrategy free of change I played my game pretty well using the articles on pokerstrategy about sng's one thing I didnt pay attention too was probably the most IMPORTANT ONE
      BANKROLL MANAGEMENT. after playing sng's of varing amounts from $1-25 i found my bank roll at a measly $12. I asked myself what have i been doing! I thought id start this blog to keep track of my daily progress post some sample hands to look at and have a look at some graphs.

Anyways im a 19 yr old guy from the uk, kent to be specific and have only been playing poker for 3 months now so yes im still a rookie. I have a part time job in the weekends at a cafe and go to college during the week. Other than my new found hobby poker i also like to play the cricket and the guitar.
  • 4 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      For now as my bankroll is soo low I will be using the sss on nl $0.05/0.10 until i get enough for 30 ss bi for nl $0.10/0.20 which is $120 at the start of this blogg i only have 6 buyins for this sss but unfortunatly this is pretty much the lowest i can go :P .
      I will be playing on partpoker under the name jlhmackenzie.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      hey there jmackenzie,

Good luck on getting back to a level where you can actually apply BRM (since 6 stack SSS can easily lead you to go broke with the high variance it has). Depending on what site you are playing at - low level SNGs might even be the better choice to re-build your bankroll.

As soon as you have built a proper bankroll for BRM again - be sure to follow it :) You can also use our TAF system (see my signature) to get your BR back on track.

Good luck at the tables - and be sure to read articles, watch videos and to post hands :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      it seems that soy can tell the future as i lost all 6 bi in 2 days. After this downswing of now becoming completly bankrupt :( i decided to start the chris furgeson challenge to get money starting with $0 on fulltilt poker. Wish me luck :P
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      after 1 week of fulltilt freerolls i finally made my first cash in coming 7th place to cash in $4. Now i have a problem of keeping a bankroll without going bankrupt and am currently playing the turbo $1 9 people sitngoes if anyone has some advice of ways to get the best chance of building a manageable bankroll on fulltilt please state :P thx.

$1 turbo sitngoes
      games played:8
      1st- 1 times
      2nd-3 times
      3rd-0 times
      4th-9th-4 times

after speaking to a poker playing friend ive decided to play the $1 90 people double stacked tournement on fulltilt as you can get itm without playing a single hand!

$1 double stack 90 people mtt
      games played:2
      4th 1 time
      14th 1 time

current bankroll $13.38