[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - AKo on MP3

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $101.64 (203.3 bb)
      MP2: $27.75 (55.5 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $75.78 (151.6 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $51.23 (102.5 bb)
      BB: $51.95 (103.9 bb)
      UTG+1: $32.63 (65.3 bb)
      UTG+2: $21.50 (43 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A K
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $1, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, BB calls $2.50, MP1 calls $2

Flop: ($9.25) Q 5 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $4.38, BB calls $4.38, MP1 folds

Turn: ($18.01) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($18.01) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $8, Hero calls $8

Results:
      $34.01 pot ($1.87 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 9 A 5
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$15.38 net)
      BB showed 9 9 and won $32.14 ($16.76 net)

MP1 Stats: VPIP: 36, PFR: 10, 3B: 1, AF: 2,2, Hands: 200
      BB Stats: VPIP: 21, PFR: 7, 3B: 3, AF: 1,8, Hands: 1222

Standard PF 3Bet, and CBet on dry board on their double check.
      I check behind on turn to pot control and to not scare weaker hands, no draws out there yey.
      Call his bet as planned.

Thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'm not sure about the flop cbet. When there are 2 players in the pot in a 3bet pot, Qx is a big part of their range. Apart from that they don't fold JT and 89 type hands to one bet. I think you don't have FE on the flop and given your low equity I would just give up or take it down later.

As played, turn is definitely a value bet imo and then river you can decide between thin value and check back based on WTSD, W$SD and dynamics you might have with them.

River is actually not that easy.. does he value bet KQ there? If not, he doesn't have other Ax so it might be a bluff (JTs) otherwise I assume you are beat by AQ, A9s, 99, 55. Given the odds you can probably call but not liking it too much because he wouldn't bet all his air combos that got to the river with and his value range contains a decent number of hands that have you beat. The key is that he doesn't have worse Ax to value bet!
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I'm not sure about the flop cbet. When there are 2 players in the pot in a 3bet pot, Qx is a big part of their range. Apart from that they don't fold JT and 89 type hands to one bet. I think you don't have FE on the flop and given your low equity I would just give up or take it down later.

As played, turn is definitely a value bet imo and then river you can decide between thin value and check back based on WTSD, W$SD and dynamics you might have with them.

River is actually not that easy.. does he value bet KQ there? If not, he doesn't have other Ax so it might be a bluff (JTs) otherwise I assume you are beat by AQ, A9s, 99, 55. Given the odds you can probably call but not liking it too much because he wouldn't bet all his air combos that got to the river with and his value range contains a decent number of hands that have you beat. The key is that he doesn't have worse Ax to value bet!
      Never thought of it in that way for the flop, thank you so much!

About the turn tho, why do you consider a value bet there? What worse hands pay me? (if I check behind on flop, I do value bet turn tho, I'm considering my case since you said "as played", even though its meaning is still a bit confusing for me haha)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      When you bet the turn he can still call JT once more, KQ, QJ can be stubborn because 'it's A, you always bet it'. You also get the benefit of checking back rivers when you want since he won't call twice and donk almost ever.

On the river, I can't think of many bluffs.. JTs but that might not always bet.. would he turn 89s into a bluff? I usually sigh call there because of very good odds with basically the best hand I can have there.

I usually give my opinion when I disagree and say 'as played' when I answer your question or give my opinion on what I'd do if I got into your exact spot which is cbetting flop here (that I wouldn't do). If its use is unclear let me know, I can try and use it less. :)
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      When you bet the turn he can still call JT once more, KQ, QJ can be stubborn because 'it's A, you always bet it'. You also get the benefit of checking back rivers when you want since he won't call twice and donk almost ever.

On the river, I can't think of many bluffs.. JTs but that might not always bet.. would he turn 89s into a bluff? I usually sigh call there because of very good odds with basically the best hand I can have there.

I usually give my opinion when I disagree and say 'as played' when I answer your question or give my opinion on what I'd do if I got into your exact spot which is cbetting flop here (that I wouldn't do). If its use is unclear let me know, I can try and use it less. :)
      Crystal clear for the "as played" I just wasn't sure because I never asked, but yeah I understood well :D
      And thx so much for your precious answers and patience!