MTT - The bubble tank

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't play a lot of MTTs, usually just cash. I was wondering if any MTT regs have thoughts on players that deliberately let their time bank run when approaching the bubble. (especially shortstackers).

Seems to me like it's a blatant angle shoot. Maybe some of you feel different?

Or perhaps you feel that while you don't like the idea it's necessary to use these tactics to prevent yourself being disadvantaged by other players using it?

Assuming it's fair and legal for a moment, is the bubble-tank actually good strategy? When would you employ the bubble tank? (depending on stack-sizes, payout structure, etc)
  • 5 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      They payed their buyin which includes chips and a timebank.. Using either is obviously not an angleshoot. Still annoying tho
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Come on we have all been guilty of that, but we have to accept it is part of the online game.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      The only time i used it, i'd satted into some Sunday Major, the min cash was ~$300 and i had about 3 BBs left and was getting really close to being ITM since my BR would have been like $70 at the time i was more than happy to have my full timebank at my disposal :)

What annoys me is when people start time banking even when we are in hand for hand before final table and the other table is waiting for us :facepalm:
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      if timebanking is what keeps you alive, you must do it, you must not care about the others on the table, you can even plan ahead and fold every time using all ur time (without timebank). this way its easier to get ITM, also you can always plan to get the current big blind and never get on BB when it goes up. I don't care what others on the table say, its your money.
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      Reflection is needed,
      more than once i have folded a straight i didn't realize i had. i clicked that fold button too quick. not anymore, especially late stages takes time to put someone on a range,and yes it can be an advantage at times depending on many factors.....and yes it can also be very frustrating when u got aces an just wanna get the flip or not as we know aa dont always hold up..abused it serves as nothing but a pain in the ass..