This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A9

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.49)
      Hero ($5.50)
      UTG ($10.53)
      UTG+1 ($5.23)
      CO ($4.40)
      BTN ($1.06)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.12) 6:club: A:heart: T:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

TURN ($0.36) 6:club: A:heart: T:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

RIVER ($1.08) 6:club: A:heart: T:club: T:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.65, Hero folds

CO wins $1.01

I can't decide whether call or fold is better on the turn, he could have weaker aces which he may not so strong, also i hold Ac.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi Dracsharp,

I think preflop is clearly an isolation raise. We see that he plays really weakly on the Flop (fold 70% to cbets) so we can just cbet on most boards and expect to win really often. I think A9 also fares fairly well against his CO limping range.

And I don't like taking checking lines on the Flop unless you have a good idea on how many streets to call down. If not i just prefer to bet myself and make hand reading easier.

For example if I did bet this flop i could bet F c/c T and then maybe c/c R or c/f R. The Turned T is somewhat bad for us, but he still has a ton of flush draws and gutshots.

All his other stats also indicate that he probably bluffs the Flop and Turn really often. I won't be surprised to see him barrel through on the River with many of his bluffs.