Break even at NL5

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I feel like a donkey that can't even go past NL5... I'm obviously using playing with BSS and I don't know why when I see people's hands I usually know how to play in that situation, but when I'm at the tables playing it's like I forget everything and I do many errors... The worst part is that I've been posting hands and watched the videos but it's like I forget everything when I'm playing, I still got many leaks and most times I lose it's because of an error... It's like I don't learn with my errors, and it looks like my game's leaks got no end...

I quit SnGs because of the very same thing, I was break-even and always with leaks, but I don't want to leave BSS...

Anyone has or had this problem before? It's so frustrating, sometimes I even think NL5's donks play better than me... I don't know if this is lack of concentration or what, but when I really try to focus I get a bad beat or I get no playable hands and I lose my interest...
  • 5 replies
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Tosh : I was breakeven at NL5 for 20k hands!!! :baby: I don't know if I sucked that much or what... I played at Titan.

Well, i moved to another site (Mansion) to play NL10 (winrate 7PTBB/100) and i never looked back. I doubt that my game has changed much. Dunno. Now I play NL20.

Try changing the site or something. It helped in my case.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Well I play at Titan too, but I'm soon moving to NL10 because of the summer bonus, so I hope it gets better...
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      first of all, u are not losing!!! thats a very good start.

second, i didnt mention how many hands did u play.

and third, meybe try tihgten up, its never a bad idea.
      don't open limp from any position,try fold aces and kings from time to time, reduce your river calls.
      good luck!
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'd tighten up too.
      Btw, if it's any consolation, many higher players had problems on the micros. I personally never beat NL10, Timor didn't either and I heared of more with problems ...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shloogy
      first of all, u are not losing!!! thats a very good start.

second, i didnt mention how many hands did u play.

and third, meybe try tihgten up, its never a bad idea.
      don't open limp from any position,try fold aces and kings from time to time, reduce your river calls.
      good luck!
      I played 2,5k hands. I'm pretty tight, I mostly follow the SHC, and when I don't I usually got a reason to do it. About the river calls, well, it depends on how the hand progressed but I only call when I think I got better hand...

Btw, if it's any consolation, many higher players had problems on the micros. I personally never beat NL10, Timor didn't either and I heared of more with problems ...
      Wow thanks, it's a nice consolation :rolleyes: I guess it's because most players are so bad that you don't even expect them to have a better hand than you, it happens a lot to me... Sometimes I think I got the best hand but at the showdown they show AA or KK, which I'd never guess because they limped in...