This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Break even at NL5

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I feel like a donkey that can't even go past NL5... I'm obviously using playing with BSS and I don't know why when I see people's hands I usually know how to play in that situation, but when I'm at the tables playing it's like I forget everything and I do many errors... The worst part is that I've been posting hands and watched the videos but it's like I forget everything when I'm playing, I still got many leaks and most times I lose it's because of an error... It's like I don't learn with my errors, and it looks like my game's leaks got no end...

I quit SnGs because of the very same thing, I was break-even and always with leaks, but I don't want to leave BSS...

Anyone has or had this problem before? It's so frustrating, sometimes I even think NL5's donks play better than me... I don't know if this is lack of concentration or what, but when I really try to focus I get a bad beat or I get no playable hands and I lose my interest...
  • 5 replies
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Tosh : I was breakeven at NL5 for 20k hands!!! :baby: I don't know if I sucked that much or what... I played at Titan.

Well, i moved to another site (Mansion) to play NL10 (winrate 7PTBB/100) and i never looked back. I doubt that my game has changed much. Dunno. Now I play NL20.

Try changing the site or something. It helped in my case.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Well I play at Titan too, but I'm soon moving to NL10 because of the summer bonus, so I hope it gets better...
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      first of all, u are not losing!!! thats a very good start.

second, i didnt mention how many hands did u play.

and third, meybe try tihgten up, its never a bad idea.
      don't open limp from any position,try fold aces and kings from time to time, reduce your river calls.
      good luck!
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'd tighten up too.
      Btw, if it's any consolation, many higher players had problems on the micros. I personally never beat NL10, Timor didn't either and I heared of more with problems ...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shloogy
      first of all, u are not losing!!! thats a very good start.

second, i didnt mention how many hands did u play.

and third, meybe try tihgten up, its never a bad idea.
      don't open limp from any position,try fold aces and kings from time to time, reduce your river calls.
      good luck!
      I played 2,5k hands. I'm pretty tight, I mostly follow the SHC, and when I don't I usually got a reason to do it. About the river calls, well, it depends on how the hand progressed but I only call when I think I got better hand...

Btw, if it's any consolation, many higher players had problems on the micros. I personally never beat NL10, Timor didn't either and I heared of more with problems ...
      Wow thanks, it's a nice consolation :rolleyes: I guess it's because most players are so bad that you don't even expect them to have a better hand than you, it happens a lot to me... Sometimes I think I got the best hand but at the showdown they show AA or KK, which I'd never guess because they limped in...