SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80

RIVER ($3.40) 7:diamond: Q:heart: 7:club: 4:spade: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows T:spade: T:diamond:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 8.4%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows A:club: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 91.6%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $3.18

I think flop cbet is okay then i was pondering whether i should check and call river/ bet river since we either wa or wb and only card that willing to commit more than his underpairs is kq, in a big pot i would expect a split as best case scenario because he was rather passive so far, but barely seen him play.

I decided on this line because its more likely he will call a bet as long as the board is low.

What's your line ?

If you keep my line what would you do on the river ?

What if he donks half pot on the river with current K river ?

What if he donks half pot on a blank river ?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Usually 3betting AQ in these positions. I'm wondering if that is a good play vs this nit though. It seems that despite opening fairly tight ranges, he seems passive (high WTSD, low AF).

I guess that's fine still

Postflop: Once you have top pair top kicker in 3bet pots, just bet bet all-in (on normal boards). If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't 3bet such hands for value in the first place

Turn: I think you should have bet 1.10 on the Turn, to ensure that you have less than a pot size bet on the River.

River: I agree with the check back unless you think he doesn't fold TT/JJ and has a ton of worse QX hands. Over here I just think he has KQ really often, and that he folds most worse hands on such a scary card.

I would shove still if i am perceived to be bluffing a lot and i expect him to assume that my ranges are really wide. I suppose that is not the case so check is good.