That time of the week again...

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      It seems the poker gods are punishing me for getting so much from rakefree days that even though I was losing 5-10 moderately I deserved some punishment.

I'm 300BB down on 5-10 :( after 12k hands running at a steady -2.7BB/100 which completely negates the money gained from rakefree days but oh well.

I run "alright" on 3-6 +1.5BB/100 after 11k hands it sucks though cause either im playing the donks who keep 3 outering 10BB pots away from or I'm at a table full of TAGs who know exactly when I don't have a hand and raise the turn. I just don't feel equipped to deal with the better players and end up getting exploited by them. I have caught them on pure bluff raises if I 3-bet with a strong made hand they fold.

I blame partypoker and it's full of tagness. I wonder if it would be an EV+ longterm decision to switch to NL. My reasons for this are that during the time I want to play theres usually 0-6 3-6 tables non jackpot going on party so I can only play in the mornings.

Right now theres 5 tables of 3-6 open FL. There's ~40-50 NL100 tables & ~25 or so NL200 tables. Surely there is a higher fish->tag ratio in NL due to it's higher popularity thus easy to find tables + more noobs who think they can be like jamie gold? Cause at 3-6 theres 2 fish per table MAX usually 1 or they're all TAGs. Note that there is NO FR play at these limits in FL.

Sorry for the rant but seriously it's so hard to find a profitable table at the times I play it's ridiculous.

Wut can I dew?

edit: just lost a 10 BB pot in 3-6 cause I ticked fold instead of check/fold (misclick).

• 10 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black

zzzzzzzzz now exclusively playing 3-6 and losing hard, around 20-50BB a day. My patience is wearing thin waiting for some kind of turn around, if I get a middle pocket pair there's always 2-3 overcards on the flop, if I have overcards theres always rag flop. If I have a set the board pairs on the turn then trips on the river giving the fish with Kx the second nuts with his pair.

meh
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Im playing the donks who keep 3 outering 10BB pots away from

who know exactly when I don't have a hand and raise the turn

I blame partypoker

In psychology that's called denial and projection) Basically, its self-defensive mechanism to protect us from uncomfortable emotions.
      Blame yourself)
      I am sure you can find reasons) Wrong time, wrong platform, wrong tables, emotional state...etc
      You control everything... so the only one who can be blamed for such outcome is you) just accept it, its absolutely healthy
      There is a lot you can improve.
      For example, if you feel same way during your sessions, you are obviously over stressed -> therefore, your mental capacity is reduced (scientifically proven fact)

NL/FL is your decision... But have in mind, that with such an attitude toward bad periods in you game, you will have a harder time in NL.

good luck
    • Kelekin
      Kelekin
      Bronze
      Terror you're a very good player and I love watching your videos and your thought processes for the situations, very good with the value bets. Only thing I can suggest is, not that I'm Dr. Fraud (:P ) or anything, but just take a mental breather. How many days in a row have you been playing now? I haven't played FL for that long but I find the longer I play FL (or NL) the more susceptible I am to falling slightly out of what I normally do and letting the beats affect me more.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I've recently been playing less and less because during losing periods it's typically less fun + i want to reduce the fallout from tilting. Also had a complete 4 day break recently spending my time gaming instead :P

You always know what to say xylere :)

However the thing is I'm playing exclusively on party atm to try and get to 20k points for a promotion they're having, and when theres 3 tables (non-jackpot) of 3-6 open, 2 of them only being full of either 30-23 loosish tags or 24-20 tags it's hard to turn any sort of profit. After looking at the recent stats on the affiliates I'm definitely going to stars after this promotion.

I'll guess I increase the learning -> playing ratio for a while =)
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      not on the same scale as you guys, but here's my first graph, playing sss

[img=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1677/firstgraphua8.th.jpg]
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      updated my blog instead
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      wow
      pretty sick downswing...

the best you can do is to forget about results and focus on the process, imo. just make sure you take 100% (just do your best) educational value from every session/hand you play... the way you described in your blog.
      just take it as another challenge, there are quite some motivation in negative feelings as well, use it your advantage.

check the psycho section, btw. There are some pretty good articles on different "out of the table" topics.

stay optimistic and find some luck, finnaly :P
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      All good FL players are moving to Stars ----> less and less fish X( X( X(

It's going to be a huge pond of sharks soon... :(
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      hi guys not playing at the limits you play at as i'm only learning at the lowest levels. I've posted my stats below. Any comments are welcome especially as I don't yet understand what I should be looking for in the stats.

I am playing SSS NL10 on Party and have built my most recent $50 up to $127. It is a grind and has been very up and down but I think I;m learning all the time.

Thanks in advance as always.

[img]http://[IMG]https://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7489/firstgraphkg1.png[/IMG][/img]
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hey stantos,

what kind of comments do you want to hear?)
      nice upswing :)
      that's all I can say)

post your pt stats in SSS sample hands board, if you want to get some feedback