[NL20-NL50] okey?

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BU folds, Hero raises to $4.75, BB folds, CO calls $3.25.

Flop: ($10) Q, Q, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($10) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, CO calls $4.50.

River: ($19) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, CO calls $6.00.

Final Pot: $31.
      Results follow:

CO shows two pairs, queens and sevens(A J).
      Hero shows a flush, king high(K J).

Hero wins with a flush, king high(K J).

his stats in 64 hands vpip53 pfr24 af0,8 wtsd32 w$sd33 pfr from CO25 COsteal38    fodl to 3 bet 33 call to 3 bet67      
      I was almost giving up on the flop but on the turn hit flush draw so its kind of block delay CB ,and got it on the river but bit scared of better hands a bit so I value bet small.
      my play was okey?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Flop: I could bet or check. Checking to give up could be good, especially if villain is tight. A tight range would contain many QX or mid pocketpair hands.

On the other hand if his range isn't too tight, we can expect to see some AJ KJs KTs ATs 89s T9s JTs type of hands, and those would fold to a half pot cbet. With backdoor draws I think I would prefer cbetting vs this guy. His stats indicate that he's loose so you can get him to fold quite a few hands on the Flop.

On the Turn I think delay cbet could be fine if you think his range is still very wide here. If he's passive and did not take a stab with hands like JTs KTs he would fold these hands now. But how often does he have these hands? Your bet size basically forces Ace high to call the Turn and that doesn't make sense. If we want to bluff him here we should just bet larger.

On the River i agree with your bet sizing to get a light call from Ace high.