This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bad beats -- hand evaluators, I hope I posted correctly !!

• hasugamer
      hasugamer
      Bronze
      1st hand:

I had KK, one player raised from early, I reraised and then another player reraised again. We both called since that is the limit (3-bet)

The flop brings: 8 7 8 rainbow board

the player who raised last bets, the one next to act just called and i reraised with my KK and both called

my notes: since there was a lot of raising before the flop i didnt put anyone on a set or quads or stuff like this (but i have seen players play funky hands so i raised to see where i am at... I did put one of them on A K and the other one on a pocket pair lower than mine such as queens)

The turn: Ace

All 3 of us check...

my notes: now when we all checked here i was pretty sure i had the best hand on the river, sincer the table didnt have any possible flush... and eventhough the straight was possible I didnt put anyone on a straightdraw because the way the hand was played...

The river: 9

the player who bet first on the flop check, the one next to him bet and i called, i didnt want to raise anymore because i wasnt sure where i was at anymore... and the other player called aswell

at the end they had: pocket Queens and A2o :| and the A2o won... it was a bad beat i guess but how can i avoid this if i encounter it again ? or how can i deal with it better ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second hand:

I had K4 clubbs, and i was in Big blind... there were no raises and 4 players called

Flop brings: Qd 10c 9c

Well I bet because I had the second nut flushdraw and I follow the pokerstrategy chart so that's what I did, 2 players called and 1 folded

The turn: 5c (I made my flush)

I bet, 1 called, 1 raised after me...
      I reraised, 1 folded, and the other reraised again
      I called

The river: Ad

I thought there is a chance of him having the nuts but I sort of didnt give him credit
      So i bet, he raised and I called... and he had A2c ....

Again, how can I read better or let go of the 2nd nuts... or any suggestions to how can I improve my game..
  • 2 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      It is the wrong forum. Here is one correct place: Yohans whinery

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi, I think these are standard bad beats and to answer your question:

Originally posted by hasugamer
      how can i deal with it better ?
      play the next hand.

Originally posted by hasugamer
      Again, how can I read better or let go of the 2nd nuts...
      I'm not very good at it either, it depends a lot on the opponent, but considering the board, most of the time he'll have a delayed straight/weaker flush or even a set and rarely the nuts so I'd put even more action on the river versus a more aggressive opponent.