am i on a downswing?

• shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      Hi! last two days where not so "hot"... i felt like i'm getting to many bad beats...so i have reviewed my last two days, which i played about 5k hands (hope that its a good sample size) and i counted :

Lose to bad beats:
      where i was ahead and got called by a 4-1 dog (i.e AAvs22) : 7 times
      where i was ahead and got called by a 3-1 dog (i.e AKvsAQ) :10 times
      coin flips (i.e AKvs22) :18 times

giving bad beats:
      where i was 3-1 dog and won :1 time
      where i was 4-1 dog and won : 2 times
      won coin flips :11 time

it seems wrong that my premium pocket pairs are cracked all over and i gave onnly 1 by myself. same goes for the situations where my opponent was dominated by me in a 3-1 - i only made it once, in a contrast to 10 times.

thats not looking to good for me.pretty sucks.i also wanted to ask if there even such a thing called "bad beats" at all? becuase we are not just taking bad beats we give some to in the same ratio (or suppose to be) ??

--can't show EV graph since Poker EV is not support PT3.

thanks in advance,
  • 5 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Now i am wondering - were you all-in preflop in all those situation you counted? And also - are you using SSS?
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      yes and i think i have mentioned it, playing SSS, no rebuy, so many times i have reletivally small stack <20 and i adapt accrodinally, so many times i shove i.e i have AQ on SB with 14bb and the BTN is loose and his ats is very high, therefor i know that very often i am ahead so i shove he calls and show AJ,and that is what mean by saying 3-1 dog beat

thanks in advance,
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      **bump**
      cmon,fellas
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      I think you need to post how many times you were ahead and won the pot. (And behind and lost the pot).

The idea behind a 4 to 1 favourite is that you win 4 times out of five. If you won four times when you were ahead for each time you got sucked out on that seems right to me.

Anyway, you can't do stats comparing your suckouts to theirs, you probably don't go in as an underdog as much, being such a good player, compared to others playing as donks. Just compare the suckouts to wins in the same conditions. :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      hey,

I think you need to forget such word as "downswing" and concentrate on your game
      SSS is swingy and this will happen all the time
      its just a varience
      deal with it