[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - TJs preflop...

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      heyo

hey,

ik blijf toch van vele preflopdingen onzeker zo te zien :P

CO looks reggish so far but on a small sample. Blinds are pretty much unknown. Not aggro nor fishy so far.

Call or 3bet pre with TJs? Think QJs is a call but TJs maybe a bit too weak vs an unknown CO so 3bet? :)

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2024956
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $25.21
      MP: $20.29
      CO: $22.30
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $27.79
      BB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :diamond: T :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, SB raises to $3.25, 3 folds
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Until I have a better idea about dynamics I just take the first hands that are decent to 3bet so in this case I would 3bet both QJs and JTs. I want to know how people react to 3bets so I can develop a plan, I don't want them to be unknowns after 100 hands!

Calling is also doable imo but I think you need more info for calling (how to win when you don't hit, estimating your implied odds) while when you 3bet it's an easy +EV 3bet/fold. Maybe it sounds strange but against unknowns I would choose 3bet over calling. When I get info I could change my mind or not but now I have a way better idea for postflop play. Basically, when you play postflop, you need to know how you make money on those streets. You could be good enough at judging the standard plays of unknowns with your experience of the stakes you are playing but if you don't, you can 3bet and even if you do, maybe your overall gameplan is to create an aggressive image early in the session so you can take more opportunities to 3bet.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Perfectly understand that reasoning and I agree :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

i think JTs is going to be a +EV call vs almost anyone (>95% of players) so I would just call here. I think it's way too strong to turn into a bluff. with 76s then you could just 3bet it.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hi.

i think JTs is going to be a +EV call vs almost anyone (>95% of players) so I would just call here. I think it's way too strong to turn into a bluff. with 76s then you could just 3bet it.
      I guess it's a call for an excellent player like you because you know which board to attack or to float postflop but I'll make a lot of mistakes. So prolly vs unknowns it's a better advise to 3bet ? :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by mbml
      hi.

I guess it's a call for an excellent player like you because you know which board to attack or to float postflop but I'll make a lot of mistakes. So prolly vs unknowns it's a better advise to 3bet ? :)
      Well, there's only one way to learn to play IP, and that would be to do it.

The only reason I'd 3-bet here would be if SB/BB are really aggressive and we squeeze a lot (thus making us fold a fair amount of time).

Now, back to your comment, 3-betting would make your life much easier almost always. And until you learn a bit more about the opponent it's nothing wrong to just do that. Sure you may lose a small edge but either can work fine.