This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH Trips on flop

• SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.47)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($17.28)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($32.09)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.10) T:diamond: 9:heart: 4:club:

Hero bets $0.78, BTN raises to $2.20, Hero raises to $4.10, BTN folds

Hero shows 9:spade: 9:club:

Hero wins $5.23

Villain is unknown.

Generally with this dry a board would it then be better to just call his reraise to extract more value on later streets?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Given this player open-limps the button, I find it much harder to give him credit for raise-folding the flop ever. I think your line is fine, the board is semi-dry, but there are a decent amount of straight draws he can have. There are also scare cards than can hit if he holds something like a Tx, or a slowplayed JJ+.

Flatting is also a perfectly legitimate option. Given that you now know his flop-raising range can be somewhat light, flatting would definitely be best, but I'd only assume that after watching this hand play out.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

In Position, on this texture I always call.
      Out of Position on this texture, I just ask myself whether he's raising for value with a wide range and then stacking off, or just bluff raising a ton. Another thing to ask yourself is whether he will continue barreling himself after raising the Flop. The less he barrels as a bluff, the more you want to 3bet the Flop instead since we don't want to give away free cards and prevent stacks from going in.

Since u have no info, I suppose 3betting and hoping for the best is fine.