NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.47)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($17.28)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($32.09)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.10) T:diamond: 9:heart: 4:club:

Hero bets $0.78, BTN raises to $2.20, Hero raises to $4.10, BTN folds

Hero shows 9:spade: 9:club:

Hero wins $5.23

Villain is unknown.

Generally with this dry a board would it then be better to just call his reraise to extract more value on later streets?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Given this player open-limps the button, I find it much harder to give him credit for raise-folding the flop ever. I think your line is fine, the board is semi-dry, but there are a decent amount of straight draws he can have. There are also scare cards than can hit if he holds something like a Tx, or a slowplayed JJ+.

Flatting is also a perfectly legitimate option. Given that you now know his flop-raising range can be somewhat light, flatting would definitely be best, but I'd only assume that after watching this hand play out.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

In Position, on this texture I always call.
      Out of Position on this texture, I just ask myself whether he's raising for value with a wide range and then stacking off, or just bluff raising a ton. Another thing to ask yourself is whether he will continue barreling himself after raising the Flop. The less he barrels as a bluff, the more you want to 3bet the Flop instead since we don't want to give away free cards and prevent stacks from going in.

Since u have no info, I suppose 3betting and hoping for the best is fine.