Estimating shoving ranges

• dubas77
      dubas77
      Bronze
      So i will try to explain myself :)

I'm practicing some shoves in ICM Training. But it's pretty hard trying to remember specific shoving hands. Its much much easier to remember specific shoving range in %.

SO MY QUESTIONS: Is there some easy way to how to assign specific hands to specific range in %?

For example:

21,0% - 22+ A3s+ A9o+ K8s+ KJo+ Q8s+ QJo+ J8s+ T8s+ 98s
      29,7% - 22+ A2s+ A4o+ K6s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo+ T8s+ 97s+ 87s
      32,1% - 22+ Ax+ K6s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo+ T7s+ 97s+ 87s 76s

Difference between 29,7% and 32,1% is A3o,A2o,T7s,76s

I want to know instantly what specific hands belongs to specific range. Any tips and tricks how do do this? I can imagine the chart with all possible hands and there must be some rules how to do this. This would be very very helpful for me and for others as well :)

I hope you understand what i tried to explain here because im not a native english speaker (as you can read) and this is quite hard to explain for me :)
  • 1 reply
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Remember it like this- first you go with all the pairs, that is almost regardless, then you go with all the suited aces and mid high suited kings+ before you add low off suited aces and KTo+ you always shove nice suited connectors like 89s, J9s, T9s as they usually have 2 live cards vs villain calling range + good for flushes and straights.

Your question is way too general though. Every situation requires specific attention. F.e. let's say you have 10bb eff. on the BTN and there are 7 players left in a 50:30:20 FR SnG.

Then I would always shove- any pair, any ace, K6s+, K9-To, Q7-8s, QTo+, J7s, JTo + mid-high suited connectors and gappers. However, if villains in the blinds are unreasonable loose, you have to deduct some of the low offsuited aces, if they are tighter than nash f.e., I would shove around 50% of hands there towards pairs, Aces and suited connectors. No low Qx, no K2-7o, not to mention worse.